FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Ringke SLIM LG G3 Case mini review

781 posts
Thanks Meter: 107
 
By ant78, Senior Member on 6th July 2014, 08:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th July 2014, 11:48 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I've just got the ringke slim in white, it has a cutout for the antenna (not on my model), and a free screen protector. The protector went on with a billion bubbles, it looks terrible, might fault I guess but now I have to order some more.
The case has a small slit on each corner to make it easier to put on, but that means it creaks a little when you use it. I'll try wireless charging in a few minutes, but first impressions are that its better than nothing, but not superb.
 
 
10th July 2014, 06:42 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152

I've just got the ringke slim in white, it has a cutout for the antenna (not on my model), and a free screen protector. The protector went on with a billion bubbles, it looks terrible, might fault I guess but now I have to order some more.
The case has a small slit on each corner to make it easier to put on, but that means it creaks a little when you use it. I'll try wireless charging in a few minutes, but first impressions are that its better than nothing, but not superb.

further to this, the case creaks and doesn't fit brilliantly. The top part obscures the IR blaster unless you keep pushing it upwards.
But it does work with a qi charger, but thats about the only good thing about it.

I'm now considering other options
The Following User Says Thank You to mjb152 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 07:14 PM |#13  
ant78's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152

further to this, the case creaks and doesn't fit brilliantly. The top part obscures the IR blaster unless you keep pushing it upwards.
But it does work with a qi charger, but thats about the only good thing about it.

I'm now considering other options

Ive had my case for over a week now and its never creaked once? The only good thing? I think that's a little harsh. Out of the 3 cases i bought this is by far the best but each to there own
10th July 2014, 08:03 PM |#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
If i told it at the bottom the i can move the top right hand side with my thumb
, and if i hold the top and bottom (ie pick it up)the entire case flexes.
It just feels cheap, maybe i got a badly made one.
12th July 2014, 05:35 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb152

further to this, the case creaks and doesn't fit brilliantly. The top part obscures the IR blaster unless you keep pushing it upwards.
But it does work with a qi charger, but thats about the only good thing about it.

I'm now considering other options

True.. I've got a back cover protector on my phone and the corner that has the antenna cutout doesn't fit properly. I feel as tho it wouldn't have creaked if there wasn't a cutout for the antenna.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405139672381.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	2846813   Click image for larger version

Name:	1405139692756.jpg
Views:	752
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2846814  
13th July 2014, 06:56 AM |#16  
Z51's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Those are nice cases. Problem is they scratch too much and easily. I got the same but it's some type of crystallized frosted looking cover. Very nice

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
15th July 2014, 08:04 AM |#17  
homer285's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggazee

True.. I've got a back cover protector on my phone and the corner that has the antenna cutout doesn't fit properly. I feel as tho it wouldn't have creaked if there wasn't a cutout for the antenna.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Wow thats defective, mine sits perfectly and no creaks or movement at all, I would send it back.
22nd August 2014, 11:34 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi, I'm using this case since a month now... And what my disappointment when I removed it

All the back of my phone is scratched ! Since this case is cut on all sides, I guess a lot of dusts are getting in and stuck between the back cover of the phone and the protection case...

Anybody else with this issue ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes