Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Do you put screen protector on your G3?

OP rixz59

29th August 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 148

306 posts
Never used one - hate the feel of plastic instead of glass.

But then again, I don't care a bit about resale value, take good care of my phones, and upgrade my phone every year anyways. If any of those things are different for you, you might want a screen protector.
29th August 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #12  
Flag Vancity
Thanks Meter: 24

239 posts
More
I always buy spigen glass screen protectors as they always one of the thinnests and specifically for the G3 it was the only option that covered the front of the G3 completely compared to other options
29th August 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 14

144 posts
I'm on my second glass protector, first one I dropped on a set of keys from a fair height. Then had the phone knocked out of my hand and it landed badly. So the 5 investment was worth it imho, and applying a new protector was very easy with no bubbles.
30th August 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #14  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm currently using the Spigen GLAS.tR Nano slim. It's nice because it doesn't give off the orange-peel effect like found on the Invishield piece and barely noticeable, as a screen protector should be. Although it's extremely thin (0.5mm) it doesn't take much to damage it. In fact, I noticed a hairline crack in mine this morning and will be replacing it soon. The only downside, they're not cheap at $34.99.
30th August 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #15  
Flag In your home
Thanks Meter: 49

308 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFryRice

I'm currently using the Spigen GLAS.tR Nano slim. It's nice because it doesn't give off the orange-peel effect like found on the Invishield piece and barely noticeable, as a screen protector should be. Although it's extremely thin (0.5mm) it doesn't take much to damage it. In fact, I noticed a hairline crack in mine this morning and will be replacing it soon. The only downside, they're not cheap at $34.99.

I believe the nano slim is actually .23mm. It's incredibly thin for the market.
30th August 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #16  
UK
Thanks Meter: 114

1,298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iazybandit

It's not about having anything in your pocket, it's also about dropping. I don't put the phone in my pocket at all (left pocket is keys, right pocket is loose change and wallet). I have my phone on a holster. You never know when you'll drop it and you can't predict it either. There might be one day where you have it on the edge of the counter and either you or someone might knock it off by accident. Since you have it in your pocket, there might be a day where you'll pull it out and something bumps into you and it falls out of your hands.

No one can be too careful or prevent anything from happening. Just the way of life :/

I Verizon rep that I know had a tempered glass on his old phone and when he dropped it, the first thing that broke was the tempered glass. The screen on the phone was perfectly fine.

Which holster do you use? I was looking at the PDair version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread