Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slickwraps for the LG G3

Tip us?

slickwraps
Old
Thanks Meter 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by srimay View Post
I purchased the blue Kevlar and installed it on my white g3. It really looks good with the white lines appearing from the original body and I'm rather impressed with transformation and the extra grip it provides. A couple of things though. Small details are the ones that stand out the most to me. Matching the Kevlar pattern from the volume button sticker to match that of the rear slickwrap. If these are being cut with the same type of printer as one that makes vinyl graphics then it shouldn't be a problem to make this happen. The back wrap should be a hair wider on both sides. Take it almost right to the notched area used for removing the back cover. When applying the side covers the reveals of what's left on the top half of the phone don't match that of the back cover. Its like an 1/8" on the back vs 1/32" on the front.

And as far as the side pieces, to ensure they won't peel, how about wrapping them further along the top and bottom edge of the phone about 3/8" or to where it may approach a cut out. And then shorten the top and bottom pieces so there could be a 1/16" gap between those and the side pieces. Kinda like the m8 but on the top and bottom not the sides
Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback!!
-Katie

JustLok
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Received the beta sample about a week to a week and a half ago, but didn't get to apply it till this past weekend (my washer broke...) and then work got in the way, so couldn't post pics and a review until now.

Anyway, the application was easy, came with an application card, a screen protector, a microfiber cloth and a SW sticker and a QR code on how to install it. And I only applied it to my wife's G3 (I have a G3 as well, but only received one kit). The front and back look and feel great, but the top, bottom and sides are iffy, especially the sides.

The wrap doesn't line up exactly, as you can see in the pics. If you line up the back with the laser or flash LEDs, it doesn't line up with the speaker and vice versa. The top doesn't line up exactly as well. They all seem to be off by about 2mm, just slightly. I lined it up with the laser, as I felt that that was more important than the LEDs or speaker, as the wrap might interfere with the laser focus (bounce off the wrap instead).

The side pieces are to cover the chrome bezel, but I don't know why? They cover the bezel but leave some of the white battery cover exposed. So you get the wrap, white cover, then the wrap strip. I instead applied the strip to the white that was/is exposed and left the chrome bezel exposed, it seems to look better that way.

You can see the top and bottom still leaves white exposed and also doesn't apply completely flat but pops up a bit, raised, which starts to pull off when you put in and remove from your pockets.

I did put my wife's Supcase Hybrid case on with the wrap still installed, which has a frosted back. The side pieces kept peeling off as they got caught with the case but was able to keep them on. It does give it an interesting look with the case on it now.

Matter of fact, my wife had the HTC One M7 in red before this phone, and with this wrap and case, it looks EXACTLY like the red One M7 now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140823_200539.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (207.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20140823_200846.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (238.4 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20140823_200911.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (235.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg 20140823_200857.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (249.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20140823_200747.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (119.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 20140823_200825.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (130.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20140823_201211.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (160.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20140824_002059.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (243.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20140824_002111.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (148.5 KB, 48 views)

slickwraps
Old
Thanks Meter 643
Hello,

I can clearly see the issue, the install went pretty bad. I see you're part of the Beta program, so I apologize you probably did not have instructions within the package at that time.

I will be sending some more supporting docs after I have the team review.

Thank you.
Weston

slickwraps
Old
Thanks Meter 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracleoftruth View Post
Just bought one in metallic grey. Ordered to UK so will update here regarding postage and will post pics if I can.
Thanks
Huge Thanks!

Weston

Galaxysm
Old
Thanks Meter 559
I bought some of this for my G3. The wood skin...it looks like some of the pics here...from the back its a little off from the speaker and also from the laser thing...i actually already got a replacement. I had to throw away the 1st one I got and the 2nd one it's the same. Is it supposed to look like that from the back?
Current Device:LG G3 (T-Mobile) Rooted.(Stock)
Current Device:Nexus 5 Rooted-PA ROM.
History Of Phones...
HTC One M8.(T-Mobile) (SOLD
Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) Rooted.(SOLD)
Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile) Rooted.
ZTE Warp (Boost Mobile)-Rooted.
Htc Inspire(AT&T)-Rooted/S-Off.
Optimus Elite(Virgin Mobile)-Rooted.
Htc Amaze 4G(T-Mobile)-Rooted.-SOLD.
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) model 32GB.