Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slickwraps for the LG G3

Tip us?

slickwraps
Old
Thanks Meter 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84 View Post
Never used Slickwraps before, but just ordered a copper metal one for my G3 along with a mahogany for my S5. I've used Dbrand in the past on my N5 but wasn't really happy with the edge, a bit too thick and sharp when holding the phone, I'm curious to see what Slickwraps does differently.
Thanks Man!

Where are you from? Please DM your order #.

Weston

stevew84
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwraps View Post
Thanks Man!

Where are you from? Please DM your order #.

Weston
Done.

I'm living in Kansas City at the moment, surprised you guys are located outside Wichita of all places.

AllstarE4
Old
(Last edited by AllstarE4; 15th September 2014 at 03:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 43
So I got my Slickwraps in the mail a couple of weeks ago, but was out of town for a while and unable to install and review until today.

I'm really impressed with the finish of the metal series and the install is a breeze. Every cutout seems to line up perfectly. I actually had to pull the back off once to reposition it slightly, but there was no problem doing this. I thought at first that I was putting wrinkles and creases in it while pulling it off, but it went right back on smoothly with no visible problems.

I was able to install every piece except for the fronts because I already have a glass screen protector installed. All of the pieces have the cutouts exactly where they should be. The two pieces along the sides can be a little tough to get lined up just right, but that's also easy to pull and reapply. The only thing I would want to be different is how much each piece covers. There are still parts of the phone that don't get fully covered, but I can see how it would be almost impossible to do because of the curves on the device. After everything was on I only noticed a couple of corners that didn't stay down completely so I used the hair dryer trick and that worked very quickly.

As I installed the Spigen Slim Armor case over the wrap one of the side pieces started to come off, but I was able to get that back down and the case went on just fine. Once I got back home a few hours later I pulled the case back off and every piece of the wrap was still in place. I also see what others have said about the sharp edges, but they don't really bother me too much.

Overall I'm very happy with the wrap. I've never had one for any phone before, but this has made me want to try more designs. Although I need a protective case in my work environment, the wrap lets me feel comfortable going without the case while I'm not at work.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1410746795572.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (32.5 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746806364.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (52.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746816071.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (99.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746824241.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (59.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746849321.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (38.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746857711.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (33.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746873761.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (69.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 1410746884663.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (27.0 KB, 85 views)
Phone: LG G3 D850
Carrier: AT&T