Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Spare battery advice.

Tip us?

marvi0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default Spare battery advice.

Can anyone whose bought a spare battery please recommend. Am worried of getting something that will blow up my phone, thanks in advance. Am located in the UK for info.

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0 View Post
Can anyone whose bought a spare battery please recommend. Am worried of getting something that will blow up my phone, thanks in advance. Am located in the UK for info.
Don't buy off-brand batteries. I personally only use ones from the OEM(LG in this case), but at the very least only buy from a reputable company. Like Anker, ZeroLemon, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marvi0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Hmm thanks, will check if anker do this I doubt it though.

jah
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0 View Post
Amazon have OEM on sale see here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00M...ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)
The Following User Says Thank You to jah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marvi0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah View Post
Amazon have OEM on sale see here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00M...ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oh thanks very much.

blazer2704
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have endlessly been looking for a place to buy a spare battery for my G3.. Yet having no luck, only place they sell the original LG battery that comes with the phone is on ebay but i aint really too keen..

What is everyones recommendation?

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2704 View Post
I have endlessly been looking for a place to buy a spare battery for my G3.. Yet having no luck, only place they sell the original LG battery that comes with the phone is on ebay but i aint really too keen..

What is everyones recommendation?
At the moment, I'm just waiting patiently until more options become available.

I'd like to find an external charger and a quality 3000mAh in the $25 range. I really don't want to waste $10-$20 on an ebay chinese battery that doesn't work (or will degrade much faster than an OEM battery).
The Following User Says Thank You to lexluthor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blazer2704
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
At the moment, I'm just waiting patiently until more options become available.

I'd like to find an external charger and a quality 3000mAh in the $25 range. I really don't want to waste $10-$20 on an ebay chinese battery that doesn't work (or will degrade much faster than an OEM battery).
Yeah, I'd have to definitely agree with that. After all the phone is relatively new and in comparison to the likes of Apple and Samsung the batch of accessories and options we have are limited due to how LG dont have that much monopoly in terms of marketing power,

However I am really surprised as to how carphonewarehouse (as i live in the UK) dont have batteries or any retail shop at this moment.

Like you said external charger and good 3000mAh battery (preferably the orginal) is key to be honest.

Robshr
Old
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
I bought these on amazon and I'm very happy with them here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-Tren...=lg+g3+battery
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS