Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Spare battery advice.

OP marvi0

30th July 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 77
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Can anyone whose bought a spare battery please recommend. Am worried of getting something that will blow up my phone, thanks in advance. Am located in the UK for info.
30th July 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #2  
Enddo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 701
 
1,552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0

Can anyone whose bought a spare battery please recommend. Am worried of getting something that will blow up my phone, thanks in advance. Am located in the UK for info.

Don't buy off-brand batteries. I personally only use ones from the OEM(LG in this case), but at the very least only buy from a reputable company. Like Anker, ZeroLemon, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 77
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Hmm thanks, will check if anker do this I doubt it though.
2nd August 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
UK
Thanks Meter: 110
 
1,238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvi0

Can anyone whose bought a spare battery please recommend. Am worried of getting something that will blow up my phone, thanks in advance. Am located in the UK for info.

Amazon have OEM on sale see here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00M...ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag essex lad
Thanks Meter: 77
 
1,109 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah

Amazon have OEM on sale see here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00M...ref=mp_s_a_1_6

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh thanks very much.
8th August 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I have endlessly been looking for a place to buy a spare battery for my G3.. Yet having no luck, only place they sell the original LG battery that comes with the phone is on ebay but i aint really too keen..


What is everyones recommendation?
8th August 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
1,629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2704

I have endlessly been looking for a place to buy a spare battery for my G3.. Yet having no luck, only place they sell the original LG battery that comes with the phone is on ebay but i aint really too keen..


What is everyones recommendation?

At the moment, I'm just waiting patiently until more options become available.

I'd like to find an external charger and a quality 3000mAh in the $25 range. I really don't want to waste $10-$20 on an ebay chinese battery that doesn't work (or will degrade much faster than an OEM battery).
The Following User Says Thank You to lexluthor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

At the moment, I'm just waiting patiently until more options become available.

I'd like to find an external charger and a quality 3000mAh in the $25 range. I really don't want to waste $10-$20 on an ebay chinese battery that doesn't work (or will degrade much faster than an OEM battery).

Yeah, I'd have to definitely agree with that. After all the phone is relatively new and in comparison to the likes of Apple and Samsung the batch of accessories and options we have are limited due to how LG dont have that much monopoly in terms of marketing power,

However I am really surprised as to how carphonewarehouse (as i live in the UK) dont have batteries or any retail shop at this moment.

Like you said external charger and good 3000mAh battery (preferably the orginal) is key to be honest.
28th August 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #9  
Robshr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Allentown
Thanks Meter: 466
 
789 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
I bought these on amazon and I'm very happy with them here's the link
http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-Tren...=lg+g3+battery

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes