Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tech21 Impact Tactical Case

Tip us?

Tikerz
Old
(Last edited by Tikerz; 15th July 2014 at 09:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 271
Default Tech21 Impact Tactical Case

I just picked this up on my local TMO store. It's really nice and thin and offers great shock protection as usual from Tech21. The D3O technology is pretty cool.

http://www.tech21.com/impact-tactical-case-lg-g3/

http://www.tech21.com/technology/d3o-impact-material/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	847
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	2853417   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	2853418   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2853419   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	2853420  
LG G3
LG G Watch

Galaxynote1234
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
I just picked this up on my local TMO store. It's really nice and thin and offers great shock protection as usual from Tech21. The D3O technology is pretty cool.

http://www.tech21.com/impact-tactical-case-lg-g3/

http://www.tech21.com/technology/d3o-impact-material/

Can you post some pictures of the aux cable opening please? How does it feel in your hand? Is it slippery?

trevorwhopkins
Old
(Last edited by trevorwhopkins; 17th July 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
This is my G2 today after a year in this same case from the Tom store. Got it free because of all the trade in
credits when we swapped carriers. As you can see not a Mark, scratch, or chip on it. I consider myself as hard a user as anyone as I work full time in an office in IT related work and also spend evenings and weekends doing electrical work in houses and wiring in cars. The kind with heavy tools, long drops, sweat and nearly crushing it once a day. It fell off a roof, out of a car, off a moving car, my wife even threw it across a parking lot once. Not even the case is scratched. I used to hate cases ( pointless debate on plastic vs metal when rubber is all most people will see) and only order cheapies on Amazon. Honestly this case has saved me hundreds of dollars, still feels and fits brand New, and was so impressive that even my marketingdegree wasn't enough to keep me from believing whatever magic material that orange stuff that it's the real deal. All the DFW Tmo stores lov. Making an example. I refer people to tmo for this case every week. Got my g3 today and paid full retail gladly to get the exact same case for g3. Love how it looks too hardly any difference in dimension or feel. For me the G2 was 99% of all I ever wwants and I expect G3 to be the same but even closer w camera and storage/battery. I can send pics if you guys want I just can't find button on mobile lol
The Following User Says Thank You to trevorwhopkins For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tikerz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxynote1234 View Post
Can you post some pictures of the aux cable opening please? How does it feel in your hand? Is it slippery?
You can kind of see it in the pictures I posted, sorry I don't have another camera with me at the moment. It's a fairly large opening because it's also open for the microphone.

I don't think it's slippery at all. It's a textured finish so there's some grip. I really like how the case is really thin. I compared to the Incipio Dual Pro they also had there and there's a huge difference.
LG G3
LG G Watch

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 808
Unfortunately just like every T-Mobile case in the store, they're terribly overpriced for a basic TPU case. EBay and Amazon has similar cases with the same quality for a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Starzboy77
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I got $50 off when i signed up for isis wallet in store. Case and invisishield came to $20 out of pocket.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app