Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TPU case without smooth sides?

Tip us?
 
theredspecial
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 131
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default TPU case without smooth sides?

I just got a Verizon G3 last week and love it so far, but I'm looking for a specific type of TPU case. I received my Diztronic case today, but it's way too slippery. I'd like a case like the ZooGue case I had on my S III, one with ribbed/ridged sides to prevent it from sliding out of my hand. Does anyone know of a good quality TPU case like this? Failing that, what are some TPU cases with good grip? I'd still like something have provides good protection, but I don't want it to add too much bulk.

I've seen the Cruzerlite Bugdroid posted, but it appears to be more of a gel/transparent case and it also has smooth sides. I also found the Spigen Ultra Fit that boasts an anti-slip feel, but I don't like the fact that the top and bottom are open.

Thanks!
 
jreed2560
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 196
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredspecial View Post
I just got a Verizon G3 last week and love it so far, but I'm looking for a specific type of TPU case. I received my Diztronic case today, but it's way too slippery. I'd like a case like the ZooGue case I had on my S III, one with ribbed/ridged sides to prevent it from sliding out of my hand. Does anyone know of a good quality TPU case like this? Failing that, what are some TPU cases with good grip? I'd still like something have provides good protection, but I don't want it to add too much bulk.

I've seen the Cruzerlite Bugdroid posted, but it appears to be more of a gel/transparent case and it also has smooth sides. I also found the Spigen Ultra Fit that boasts an anti-slip feel, but I don't like the fact that the top and bottom are open.

Thanks!
The cruzerlite cases are made of the same material as the diztronics, its just slightly thinner. But as you said, it does appear to be smooth on the sides.

This case might be more what you're looking for. They are super thin, and have a textured side for grip. I have the smoke and clear and they feel great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-Line-Soft-.../281364546368?
 
theredspecial
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 131
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed2560 View Post
The cruzerlite cases are made of the same material as the diztronics, its just slightly thinner. But as you said, it does appear to be smooth on the sides.

This case might be more what you're looking for. They are super thin, and have a textured side for grip. I have the smoke and clear and they feel great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-Line-Soft-.../281364546368?
Thanks for your reply. I might end up going with the Bugdroid then. I had (several) S-Line cases on my Thunderbolt, they are garbage. They split and fell apart every few months, but they kept sending me replacements.

This is what I'm looking for, something with sides like this (but for the G3 and black):

 
theredspecial
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 131
Join Date: Sep 2009
I'm bumping this to see if anyone knows of anything like what I'm looking for. I've looked all over and haven't found what I want.
 
vesspa08
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 19
Join Date: May 2013
I have one of these on my g3 it has bumps for grip on the sides

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...115248&alt=web

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
 
theredspecial
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 131
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesspa08 View Post
I have one of these on my g3 it has bumps for grip on the sides

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...115248&alt=web

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I actually saw that when I was looking around. I had several S-Line cases on my Thunderbolt, they were terrible quality. The seam split after a few months and they kept sending me replacements.
 
vesspa08
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 19
Join Date: May 2013
Oh ok, all the ones I have had have been fine, I had one on my old s3 for over 2 years with no issue

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more