No registration required

TPU case without smooth sides?

OP theredspecial

27th August 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

149 posts
More
I just got a Verizon G3 last week and love it so far, but I'm looking for a specific type of TPU case. I received my Diztronic case today, but it's way too slippery. I'd like a case like the ZooGue case I had on my S III, one with ribbed/ridged sides to prevent it from sliding out of my hand. Does anyone know of a good quality TPU case like this? Failing that, what are some TPU cases with good grip? I'd still like something have provides good protection, but I don't want it to add too much bulk.

I've seen the Cruzerlite Bugdroid posted, but it appears to be more of a gel/transparent case and it also has smooth sides. I also found the Spigen Ultra Fit that boasts an anti-slip feel, but I don't like the fact that the top and bottom are open.

Thanks!
27th August 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 38

196 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredspecial

I just got a Verizon G3 last week and love it so far, but I'm looking for a specific type of TPU case. I received my Diztronic case today, but it's way too slippery. I'd like a case like the ZooGue case I had on my S III, one with ribbed/ridged sides to prevent it from sliding out of my hand. Does anyone know of a good quality TPU case like this? Failing that, what are some TPU cases with good grip? I'd still like something have provides good protection, but I don't want it to add too much bulk.

I've seen the Cruzerlite Bugdroid posted, but it appears to be more of a gel/transparent case and it also has smooth sides. I also found the Spigen Ultra Fit that boasts an anti-slip feel, but I don't like the fact that the top and bottom are open.

Thanks!

The cruzerlite cases are made of the same material as the diztronics, its just slightly thinner. But as you said, it does appear to be smooth on the sides.

This case might be more what you're looking for. They are super thin, and have a textured side for grip. I have the smoke and clear and they feel great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-Line-Soft-.../281364546368?
27th August 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed2560

The cruzerlite cases are made of the same material as the diztronics, its just slightly thinner. But as you said, it does appear to be smooth on the sides.

This case might be more what you're looking for. They are super thin, and have a textured side for grip. I have the smoke and clear and they feel great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S-Line-Soft-.../281364546368?

Thanks for your reply. I might end up going with the Bugdroid then. I had (several) S-Line cases on my Thunderbolt, they are garbage. They split and fell apart every few months, but they kept sending me replacements.

This is what I'm looking for, something with sides like this (but for the G3 and black):

29th August 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

149 posts
More
I'm bumping this to see if anyone knows of anything like what I'm looking for. I've looked all over and haven't found what I want.
29th August 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 17

28 posts
I have one of these on my g3 it has bumps for grip on the sides

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...115248&alt=web

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
29th August 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesspa08

I have one of these on my g3 it has bumps for grip on the sides

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...115248&alt=web

Thanks, I actually saw that when I was looking around. I had several S-Line cases on my Thunderbolt, they were terrible quality. The seam split after a few months and they kept sending me replacements.
29th August 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 17

28 posts
Oh ok, all the ones I have had have been fine, I had one on my old s3 for over 2 years with no issue

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread