Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 39,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So what's the chance US gets a Qi compatible charging back that's not QuickCircle?

Tip us?
 
jerflash
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17 View Post
I was going to do the same, but someone pointed out to me that the ATT Quick Circle is POWERMAT, not QI. So it will only work with Duracell Powermat chargers. Sigh. The search continues.

No way....Thats a ****ing tragedy! Need to get a euro back cover then...thats the only way.
 
InsaneJester17
Old
#12  
InsaneJester17's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 250
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerflash View Post
No way....Thats a ****ing tragedy! Need to get a euro back cover then...thats the only way.
I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.
Nokia 3360> Samsung p710> Samsung X660> Samsung Blade> HTC PPC-6700> HTC Mogul> iPhone> iPhone 3g> Samsung Captivate> Motorola Atrix> Samsung Focus> Samsung Captivate> Samsung Skyrocket> LG Nexus 4> LG Nexus 5> LG G3
 
jerflash
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17 View Post
I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.
Thats not such a bad price...just take the sticker off of that one. I wish i could order a Burgundy lg g3...thats a hot phone. You can get the back cover here so i guess i could mix and match lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Back...item3a92db7ecf
 
InsaneJester17
Old
#14  
InsaneJester17's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 250
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerflash View Post
Thats not such a bad price...just take the sticker off of that one. I wish i could order a Burgundy lg g3...thats a hot phone. You can get the back cover here so i guess i could mix and match lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Back...item3a92db7ecf
Yea it's a good price, I just worry about the quality of the QI component on it.
Nokia 3360> Samsung p710> Samsung X660> Samsung Blade> HTC PPC-6700> HTC Mogul> iPhone> iPhone 3g> Samsung Captivate> Motorola Atrix> Samsung Focus> Samsung Captivate> Samsung Skyrocket> LG Nexus 4> LG Nexus 5> LG G3
 
awtryau89
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 414
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17 View Post
I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.
I just ordered the one above. I am hoping to pull the charging & NFC out and put it in my original a black back. Do you think that is an OEM back?
 
overzeetop
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 49
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastern US
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
I just ordered the one above. I am hoping to pull the charging & NFC out and put it in my original a black back. Do you think that is an OEM back?
Yikes - $140?!? That's quite a premium.
 
awtryau89
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 414
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by overzeetop View Post
Yikes - $140?!? That's quite a premium.
Wow, they jacked the price up. I guess they saw an opportunity with all the G3's shipping now. I paid $40 for mine but I had a $38 eBay bucks credit so I am out of pocket $2. I don't think I could have even paid the $40 actually. Now I just have to not screw this up when I pull the coil.
 
poczynek
Old
#18  
poczynek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 344
Posts: 1,099
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
Wow, they jacked the price up. I guess they saw an opportunity with all the G3's shipping now. I paid $40 for mine but I had a $38 eBay bucks credit so I am out of pocket $2. I don't think I could have even paid the $40 actually. Now I just have to not screw this up when I pull the coil.
I did it and almost impossible to screw up as i ain't subtle when doing these things!
 
jerflash
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 107
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by overzeetop View Post
Yikes - $140?!? That's quite a premium.

I sent the guy a message about price gouging...all the money he would have made selling it...NO ONE will pay 140. It be cheaper to import from europe or korea
 
DisplacedMic
Old
#20  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 75
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerflash View Post
I sent the guy a message about price gouging...all the money he would have made selling it...NO ONE will pay 140. It be cheaper to import from europe or korea
then it's not really "price-gouging," is it?

Not to be that guy, but price gouging doesn't really apply to ellastic luxury goods like wireless charging devices for mobile phones

The Following User Says Thank You to DisplacedMic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more

Rid Yourself of Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit … more