Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

So what's the chance US gets a Qi compatible charging back that's not QuickCircle?

OP whyhellothere1

8th July 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 72

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJester17

I was going to do the same, but someone pointed out to me that the ATT Quick Circle is POWERMAT, not QI. So it will only work with Duracell Powermat chargers. Sigh. The search continues.

No way....Thats a ****ing tragedy! Need to get a euro back cover then...thats the only way.
8th July 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 42

292 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerflash

No way....Thats a ****ing tragedy! Need to get a euro back cover then...thats the only way.

I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.
8th July 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #13  

289 posts
Quote:

I've been trying to find a Euro case for a week now. Nothing available yet. I'm willing to bet we'll see a quickcircle case for another carrier with QI before I find a European back.

There is this that looks decent ( Ebay Back ) but I'm waiting to find a cheaper one, or for them to offer it in black so I don't have to cannibalize.

Thats not such a bad price...just take the sticker off of that one. I wish i could order a Burgundy lg g3...thats a hot phone. You can get the back cover here so i guess i could mix and match lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Back...item3a92db7ecf
8th July 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 42

292 posts
Quote:

Thats not such a bad price...just take the sticker off of that one. I wish i could order a Burgundy lg g3...thats a hot phone. You can get the back cover here so i guess i could mix and match lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Back...item3a92db7ecf

Yea it's a good price, I just worry about the quality of the QI component on it.
9th July 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 61

424 posts
Quote:

I just ordered the one above. I am hoping to pull the charging & NFC out and put it in my original a black back. Do you think that is an OEM back?
10th July 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #16  
Eastern US
Thanks Meter: 4

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89

I just ordered the one above. I am hoping to pull the charging & NFC out and put it in my original a black back. Do you think that is an OEM back?

Yikes - $140?!? That's quite a premium.
11th July 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 61

424 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overzeetop

Wow, they jacked the price up. I guess they saw an opportunity with all the G3's shipping now. I paid $40 for mine but I had a $38 eBay bucks credit so I am out of pocket $2. I don't think I could have even paid the $40 actually. Now I just have to not screw this up when I pull the coil.
11th July 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #18  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 399

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awtryau89

Wow, they jacked the price up. I guess they saw an opportunity with all the G3's shipping now. I paid $40 for mine but I had a $38 eBay bucks credit so I am out of pocket $2. I don't think I could have even paid the $40 actually. Now I just have to not screw this up when I pull the coil.

I did it and almost impossible to screw up as i ain't subtle when doing these things!
11th July 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #19  

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overzeetop

I sent the guy a message about price gouging...all the money he would have made selling it...NO ONE will pay 140. It be cheaper to import from europe or korea
12th July 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 12

76 posts
Quote:

I sent the guy a message about price gouging...all the money he would have made selling it...NO ONE will pay 140. It be cheaper to import from europe or korea

then it's not really "price-gouging," is it?

Not to be that guy, but price gouging doesn't really apply to ellastic luxury goods like wireless charging devices for mobile phones

The Following User Says Thank You to DisplacedMic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread