Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] which wireless charger works well with the G3?

OP zaki67

21st December 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 757

1,237 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awestrike

Hi, guys.

Like an idiot, I bought a Samsung S4 Qi wireless charging pad because I read some good reviews about it. When I got home, I tried it out and found that it would only charge for a couple of seconds and then stop. I used my old Samsung charger, the one that came with my NVIDIA Shield Tablet, and the one that came with the G3, all with the same effect. Thing is, I was using the same cable with all three adapters. When I switched to the cable that came with my G3 + the G3 adapter, it started working.

Yeah, I've been surprised at just how much different the cable makes. I've got some thin cables that work fine plugged directly into the phone, but not when used with a Qi charger.

Quote:

My actual question is: When charging the phone, I get the orange LED glow. While I'm charging it wirelessly, the LED seems to be pulsing softly. It doesn't ever turn off but it does seem to be cycling between dim and bright. Is that normal?

While it's charging (wirelessly), open up the battery screen, and make sure it displays Charging (wirelessly) continuously. With one charger I tried, and with some poor cables, mine cycles repeatedly between charging and discharging.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by antNOMA

Hello !

I'm interested in buying a wireless charger, but one question remains.
How much time does the phone take to get fully charged with thoses chargers ?

I've never actually timed it, but I think it charges fast enough up to about 90%. Then it seems to take a lot longer to get that last 10%.

The max output of a Qi charging system is about 1 amp, so in theory it would take about 3 hours to bring a discharged G3 battery to near full charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to meyerweb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #272  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 3

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using the spigen slim armor case and the Nokia fatboy qi charger without issue

Sent from my nexus 7 on lollipop
27th December 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #273  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 12

35 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird2

Can confirm the CHOETECH Stadium Qi Wireless Charger Charging Pad with 3 coils works a treat. None of the "slow charging" rubbish and works fine though a fairly thick case.

Also works in the car from the car's USB port - enough juice to properly charge.

Could you please send me a picture of positioning and such when you're using that charging pad? I have the same one and have been completely unable to get it to work without getting the slow charging warning.

I've got it plugged into a Samsung 2A wall wart at the minute, but have also tried one of the 2.4A lines on my iXCC 4-port charger, which has had even worse results - it keeps turning off and turning back on, leading to new "slow charging" beeps and warnings..

I'm also curious - does yours "shut off" when it finishes charging? No trickle charging? Mine does, and it causes me problems with my Titanium Backup schedules.

I'm starting to get frustrated and thinking about returning it.
Last edited by kuoirad; 27th December 2014 at 06:28 PM.
30th December 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #274  
Flag Dundee, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 46

487 posts
More
I got the proper LG G3 wireless charger the other day and am using it with the cable and charger that came with the phone.

The screen keeps going to sleep then waking up again every 10 seconds or so when im trying to sleep. So back to normal charging for me unless someone can shed any light on this problem?
2nd January 2015, 12:29 PM   |  #275  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ljubuski
Thanks Meter: 1,040

978 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using Nokia DT-900 charger and it's great.
2nd January 2015, 10:05 PM   |  #276  
Flag Split, Dalmatia
Thanks Meter: 82

503 posts
More
Itian A6 work with massive case (like spigen, my is slimpack).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread