[Q] which wireless charger works well with the G3?

Search This thread

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Has anyone tried to add wireless charge to their d852? I got a cover that's suppose to add wireless charging and its not working.

The D852 and D850 use PMA wireless charging and not Qi. This requires a powermat charging base. Which sticker do you have?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Regardless of the back I have saying it's for qi!? Is it because of the hardware of the device itself or the case/cover that dictate qi or PMA?

Reason I ask is Cuz I bought a case/back that says qi charger but doesn't work. So I'm guessing it's the hardware that dictates whether it's qi or PMA? Correct?

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Regardless of the back I have saying it's for qi!? Is it because of the hardware of the device itself or the case/cover that dictate qi or PMA?

Reason I ask is Cuz I bought a case/back that says qi charger but doesn't work. So I'm guessing it's the hardware that dictates whether it's qi or PMA? Correct?

Yes its the hardware in the phone. The D850 and D852 use PMA hardware and will only work with PMA back cover and charger base. All the other G3 variants use Qi, but we are limited to PMA.

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Well wtf. That's bull****. Why the hell would lg do that...

LG, along with AT&T, Rogers, and many other companies are part of a group called Power Matters Alliance (hence PMA charging). I was angry at first, but I went ahead and bought a PMA back and Duracell Powermat charger and it works great. I believe it charges faster than Qi also.

c_86

Jul 16, 2011
Canada
www.cmsrm.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
LG, along with AT&T, Rogers, and many other companies are part of a group called Power Matters Alliance (hence PMA charging). I was angry at first, but I went ahead and bought a PMA back and Duracell Powermat charger and it works great. I believe it charges faster than Qi also.

Makes me made because I have 3 qi mats from all th. Nexus' I've had. Ugh....

vedranius19

Mar 2, 2011
Hi all!
I have an option to buy Nokia Fatboy Qi charger or LG WCD-100, which is better for LG G3 in a Tough Jacket Maxx Ballistic case?
I have a Chinese cheap Qi charger on which I removed the plastic cover as it didn't work with it, connected to original LG G3 AC, and it works OK, tho I'm skeptic about Chinese stuff that is related with charging :p

So, which of these two Qi chargers would you recommend, as I'm not that sure how would LG's Qi charger work when G3 is in a case, as the height of the device is different while standing on the Qi charger...?

EDIT: OR should I go for something like this? :p
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Coils-QI-...62?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item1e910a5e26

Thanks!

Last edited:

BurtGummer

Feb 13, 2015
The Tylt Vu works flawlessly with the G3. I've charged phone with Spigen slim armor, Nillkin armor border case, and Tech21 impact tactical case without any issues. Now the Vu is a bit expensive for what it is so maybe try the Itian A6 which is a knockoff and can be found on Amazon for less than half the cost of the Vu. Reviews also seem mostly positive

kabirjedi

Nov 23, 2010
Budapest
Hello guys!
I buy cheap qi charger from china.
Evrey 20 sec pop up "window buy original lg"'

Im on Cc 4.2 custom rom any chance kill this frakkin message?
thanks.

wigginst

Aug 6, 2011

Which back did you buy and does that back still work with a case (i use the trident)?

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Last edited:

zxern

Mar 8, 2015
What happened to the new qi 1.2 chargers that were supposed to be coming out at the end of 2014? They were supposed to be backward compatible and charge from over 1in away.

wigginst

Aug 6, 2011

AllstarE4

Jan 8, 2012
Thanks! How much does this bulge the back? Just wondering if my trident case would still fit.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It's a pretty significant bulge. It bothered me enough to where I modified the backplate to let the magnet recess through a hole.

This pic shows what I did to make it feel right. I use a TPU case over it and the Slim Armor also fits. Take note though, mine charges with the TPU case on, but not with the Slim Armor. The magnet is slightly off center because that's how the PMA sticker was installed from the vendor.

Attachments

• 1425925772209.jpg
    1425925772209.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 901

Top Liked Posts