[RECOVERY][G3][All Variants] TWRP-3.0.3-3 (Bumped)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
IgPXojC.png

TeamWin's TWRP Touch Recovery for LG G3 - d850, d851, d852, d855, d856, f400, ls990, vs985.
https://twrp.me/

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Screenshots:
Official:

Unofficial:
UUiS1lT.png
yzW4gGM.png
UCpfVNF.png

Flashing Instructions:
To install recovery images use Flashify / Rashr / TWRP Manager from Play Store or flash in your current recovery. Otherwise do the following:
1. Go to install, find and select the Images... button.
2. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it.
3. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.
or
1. Move recovery.img to internal storage.
2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

Changes in unofficial version:

• compiled on omnirom-7.1 source
  • always up-to-date
  • updated device trees
  • added d856 variant
  • NebulaKernel by @Eliminater74
  • fixed AROMA installer
  • fixed screen brightness
  • extra languages + Polish by me
  • permissive selinux
  • enabled logd/logcat in recovery
  • enabled fuse exfat, ntfs-3g, jpeg
  • external storage as default storage
  • enabled usb-otg support
  • working touch to wake
  • enabled backup of all partitions
  • kernel changes (it's still nebula)
  • enabled thermal control
  • crypto/f2fs may work or not..
  • red theme by @fichl
  • decryption works - thanks to @sleeplessnerd (lambdaupb)

Download Links:
TWRP: Unofficial | Official

Remember to do backup of your current recovery before installing.

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial bumped TWRP-3.0.3-3 for all G3 variants, Tool/Utility for the LG G3

Contributors
dadi11
Source Code: https://github.com/dadi11/twrp_devices

Version Information

Created 2016-02-06
Last Updated 2017-01-27

dadi11

Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2011
Lubin
www.facebook.com
Changelog

3.0.2-0
-fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in twrp.
-add greek translation to some builds.
3.0.1-0
-support new cm 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
-fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
-libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
-fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
-twrp will now detect and install twrp themes automatically through the normal zip install process (dees_troy)
-translation updates – added italian, czech and polish and significant updates to dutch
-progress bar improvements – progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (dees_troy)
-fix input box text display (dees_troy)
-reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
-other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

3.0.0-0
-completely new theme - much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
-true terminal emulator - includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
-language translation - it won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like chinese & japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to omnirom’s gerrit. (mostly by dees_troy)
-flashing of sparse images - on select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the twrp gui (by hashbang173)
-adopted storage support for select devices - twrp can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from marshmallow
-reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with aosp - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by dees_troy)
-supersu prompt will no longer display if a marshmallow rom is installed
-update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
-update aosp base to 6.0
-a huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

Last edited:

aha360

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks a lot! Installed just fine over here..!

Yeah I can happily confirm that too - all I did was take out the old TWRP 2.8.7.0 recovery from a flashable ZIP and then replaced it with the TWRP 3.0.0-0 recovery.

After that, I bashed in "reboot recovery" in the Terminal app, flashed it and then the recovery booted up without issues.
let me know if everything is ok on variants other than d855 :angel:
If I had a non-D855 variant of the LG G3, I would have tested it right away, but unfortunately, I only have the 16GB D855 model. :(

randyrampage609

Sep 9, 2014
Lanoka Harbor/New Jersey
How do you install the new 3.0 .IMG with flashify?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Dont want to make a mistake

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hoangphuc057

ceza1380

Feb 21, 2013
Istanbul
Finally an update to the twrp. Thanks for your work. I'm gonna flash it and see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

minhas729

Oct 26, 2014
lahore
If i want to flash it over 2.8.7
I have to flash in twrp as recovery when asked?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

championc

Oct 30, 2006
Dublin
Sorry for maybe a silly question, but what is the advantage of this new version over the older one ? I've never been unable to do anything up to now

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IgPXojC.png

TeamWin's TWRP Touch Recovery for LG G3 - d850, d851, d852, d855, d856, f400, ls990, vs985.
    https://twrp.me/

TWRP is an open source, community project. TWRP development is done by roughly 4 people at this point. We also have a large support community with many people who are willing to answer questions and help people with their devices either through our IRC channel or on forums like xda-developers.

Team Win was originally formed to work on porting WiMAX to CM7 for the HTC EVO 4G. After our work on the EVO 4G we wanted to work on a project that would work on more devices than just the EVO 4G and we settled on working on a recovery. Today TWRP is the leading custom recovery for Android phones.

A custom recovery is used for installing custom software on your device. This custom software can include smaller modifications like rooting your device or even replacing the firmware of the device with a completely custom “ROM” like OmniROM

You can find the source code for TWRP at github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/

Screenshots:
    Official:

Unofficial:
    UUiS1lT.png
    yzW4gGM.png
    UCpfVNF.png

Flashing Instructions:
    To install recovery images use Flashify / Rashr / TWRP Manager from Play Store or flash in your current recovery. Otherwise do the following:
    1. Go to install, find and select the Images... button.
    2. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it.
    3. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.
    or
    1. Move recovery.img to internal storage.
    2. Open terminal window/command prompt to execute following commands
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    exit
    exit
    adb reboot recovery

Changes in unofficial version:

• compiled on omnirom-7.1 source
    • always up-to-date
    • updated device trees
    • added d856 variant
    • NebulaKernel by @Eliminater74
    • fixed AROMA installer
    • fixed screen brightness
    • extra languages + Polish by me
    • permissive selinux
    • enabled logd/logcat in recovery
    • enabled fuse exfat, ntfs-3g, jpeg
    • external storage as default storage
    • enabled usb-otg support
    • working touch to wake
    • enabled backup of all partitions
    • kernel changes (it's still nebula)
    • enabled thermal control
    • crypto/f2fs may work or not..
    • red theme by @fichl
    • decryption works - thanks to @sleeplessnerd (lambdaupb)

Download Links:
    TWRP: Unofficial | Official

Remember to do backup of your current recovery before installing.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial bumped TWRP-3.0.3-3 for all G3 variants, Tool/Utility for the LG G3

Contributors
    dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/dadi11/twrp_devices

Version Information

Created 2016-02-06
    Last Updated 2017-01-27
    Unfortunately, 1/27 build is not working at all (bootloop). So this is the end. Thanks for your hard work.

1/26 build works fine here.

here's the local_manifest I used to compile twrp on omnirom 5.1 source - https://github.com/dadi11/local_manifests/blob/twrp/roomservice.xml
    if someone want to continue the work ;)

Goodbye G3 users, after a long time..
    Changelog

3.0.2-0
    -fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in twrp.
    -add greek translation to some builds.
    3.0.1-0
    -support new cm 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    -fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    -libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    -fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    -twrp will now detect and install twrp themes automatically through the normal zip install process (dees_troy)
    -translation updates – added italian, czech and polish and significant updates to dutch
    -progress bar improvements – progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (dees_troy)
    -fix input box text display (dees_troy)
    -reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    -other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

3.0.0-0
    -completely new theme - much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    -true terminal emulator - includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    -language translation - it won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like chinese & japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to omnirom’s gerrit. (mostly by dees_troy)
    -flashing of sparse images - on select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the twrp gui (by hashbang173)
    -adopted storage support for select devices - twrp can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from marshmallow
    -reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with aosp - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by dees_troy)
    -supersu prompt will no longer display if a marshmallow rom is installed
    -update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    -update aosp base to 6.0
    -a huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
    new builds are available, included android-7.0 commits and support :)
    Sorry for the noob question , but what it means bumped ? i have never understand what it's exactly means :rolleyes:
    Bumped in LG terms mean that an image/ROM/recovery has a signature key embedded to ensure that it will install on locked bootloader devices like the LG G3.