[ROM][D855][20E][Lollipop] --|||..:: ChupaChups Rom::..|||-- 17.12.2014

Search This thread

Tcherkesse

Feb 14, 2016
Hi everyone

I just installed chupa chups this morning on my D855 LG G3 and I can't say that I've been really satisfied with it... the battery life was not that good (lost 10% while using only facebook for 20 minutes on wifi) and the phone was verry laggy sometimes so I decided to try CM12.
I downloaded the zip for cm12, put it on my sd card then I flashed my phone with this app ( D855 LG G3 auto rec lollipop ) as usual to enter the recorvery mod.
Then I just turned my phone off to enter the recorvery mod but it won't boot anymore :( I think it's hardbricked because even when I put it on the charge nothing happend:crying: the red LED does not even flash...

When I connect my phone to my pc I can hear the sound when something is detected by the pc but nothing is actually detected :confused:
I also tried to put my phone on charge without the battery and when I do that the screen of my phone displays a battery logo with a question mark:confused: and when I put the battery again the screen turns off :(

Guess it's hardbricked..Is there something I can do or is it just dead? :(

Roofvoel

Feb 24, 2015
Hi everyone

I just installed chupa chups this morning on my D855 LG G3 and I can't say that I've been really satisfied with it... the battery life was not that good (lost 10% while using only facebook for 20 minutes on wifi) and the phone was verry laggy sometimes so I decided to try CM12.
I downloaded the zip for cm12, put it on my sd card then I flashed my phone with this app ( D855 LG G3 auto rec lollipop ) as usual to enter the recorvery mod.
Then I just turned my phone off to enter the recorvery mod but it won't boot anymore :( I think it's hardbricked because even when I put it on the charge nothing happend:crying: the red LED does not even flash...

When I connect my phone to my pc I can hear the sound when something is detected by the pc but nothing is actually detected :confused:
I also tried to put my phone on charge without the battery and when I do that the screen of my phone displays a battery logo with a question mark:confused: and when I put the battery again the screen turns off :(

Did you try to enter download mode?

fangmeister

Feb 18, 2016
New kernel here... if you can please, test and report tnx

http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/kernel-chupachups-kernel-t2943339[/CENTER]

Do you have this after boot?

0mUGeEq.jpg

Then try to flash this in recovery:

Cust - Restore

Do you have the same fix for G4?

rikietje

Feb 23, 2016
Hey!

Long time since an updat here! Is this ROM still worth flashing or do you recommend something else? I'm looking for something similar, the LG G3 Stock experience. I'm nog on Cloudy G3 but I'm experiencing huge battery drain issues!

mudster786

Nov 5, 2013
cape town
[/COLOR]
Hi everyone

dude im sorry but what happens when entering download mode?

Tcherkesse

Feb 14, 2016
[/COLOR]
dude im sorry but what happens when entering download mode?

I can't even enter the download mode :crying: and nothing happens when i'm trying to enter it, the screen stays black :/
But when I put it on charge the screen lights up showing me a battery with 0% written on it, also the red LED flashes 8 times and then the screen turns off again.
But now it does not really matter right now, i'm planning to buy the Honor 7 Premium when it will come out! :angel:

But of course if anyone has a clue for my problem, it would be nice that my G3 works again! :D

immppa

Dec 5, 2012
Joensuu
I can't even enter the download mode :crying: and nothing happens when i'm trying to enter it, the screen stays black :/
But when I put it on charge the screen lights up showing me a battery with 0% written on it, also the red LED flashes 8 times and then the screen turns off again.
But now it does not really matter right now, i'm planning to buy the Honor 7 Premium when it will come out! :angel:

But of course if anyone has a clue for my problem, it would be nice that my G3 works again! :D

Maybe your battery just died

Tcherkesse

Feb 14, 2016
Maybe your battery just died

Yeah that's what I thought too in the beggining, I tried to find someone with a G3 ,2 or 3 weeks ago, to test his battery in mine but I can't find a single person nearby my town with a G3...
But let's suppose that the battery is dead, if I put my phone on charge without it's battery shouldn't it turn on?:confused:

immppa

Dec 5, 2012
Joensuu
Yeah that's what I thought too in the beggining, I tried to find someone with a G3 ,2 or 3 weeks ago, to test his battery in mine but I can't find a single person nearby my town with a G3...
But let's suppose that the battery is dead, if I put my phone on charge without it's battery shouldn't it turn on?:confused:

Just tested it and phone doesnt turn on without battery.. Just shows battery logo and yellow triangle with a question mark in it..

Reactions: Tcherkesse

mudster786

Nov 5, 2013
cape town
Damn it shows me the same thing :victory: this gives me hope lol, I should go and search more for someone who got a G3 too just to be sure.
Thanks man! :fingers-crossed:

Just tested it and phone doesnt turn on without battery.. Just shows battery logo and yellow triangle with a question mark in it..

before you do any of the bottom try entering download mode even when the screen is black and see if the pc recognises it. then go to this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785089 and try the kdz method first just to get your device beating and once your phone is up do the tot method to keep her alive. this worked for me the only thing was that my g3 could enter download mode but what ever you said about charging also happen to me. I'm not an expert but had experience so even if your pc doesn't pick it up still try flashing even if pc doesn't connect to it
use this USBDview to check if your pc is picking it up. if its unknown device just disable the driver and reenable it continuously until it picks up If it doesn't still uninstall the unknown driver and then plug your phone back in should work sometime or later heres the downloads
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview.zip
and this one for x64 systems www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview-x64.zip

IF NON OF THE ABOVE WORKS TRY THIS!!!
try this
http://xdaforums.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359
or this note I haven't gone through this video so sorry if its spam but here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_1CoXQYVs
also
see this posts
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/help/q-lg-g3-d855-hard-bricked-download-mode-t3090911

goodluck and everything of the best :good:
contact me if you got any questions or any luck

Last edited:

Tcherkesse

Feb 14, 2016

before you do any of the bottom try entering download mode even when the screen is black and see if the pc recognises it. then go to this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785089 and try the kdz method first just to get your device beating and once your phone is up do the tot method to keep her alive. this worked for me the only thing was that my g3 could enter download mode but what ever you said about charging also happen to me. I'm not an expert but had experience so even if your pc doesn't pick it up still try flashing even if pc doesn't connect to it
use this USBDview to check if your pc is picking it up. if its unknown device just disable the driver and reenable it continuously until it picks up If it doesn't still uninstall the unknown driver and then plug your phone back in should work sometime or later heres the downloads
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview.zip
and this one for x64 systems www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview-x64.zip

IF NON OF THE ABOVE WORKS TRY THIS!!!
try this
http://xdaforums.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359
or this note I haven't gone through this video so sorry if its spam but here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_1CoXQYVs
also
see this posts
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/help/q-lg-g3-d855-hard-bricked-download-mode-t3090911

goodluck and everything of the best :good:
contact me if you got any questions or any luck

I'll see it all this weekend , at the moment I do not have much time to devote myself, so I will probably tell if it worked or not this sunday:angel: but wow thanks, not everyone would have taken the time to answer me, thanks!:highfive:

mudster786

Nov 5, 2013
cape town
I'll see it all this weekend , at the moment I do not have much time to devote myself, so I will probably tell if it worked or not this sunday:angel: but wow thanks, not everyone would have taken the time to answer me, thanks!:highfive:

dude its the least I could do, I mean I had a problem no one helped me and I love LG like I approved it to everyone in my family now everyone is using the G3. if I see a g3 broken down I feel sorry and attempt to help or to fix so when shes healthy again its like a smile appears on the users face :)
Life is Good after all:eek::)

Tcherkesse

Feb 14, 2016
dude its the least I could do, I mean I had a problem no one helped me and I love LG like I approved it to everyone in my family now everyone is using the G3. if I see a g3 broken down I feel sorry and attempt to help or to fix so when shes healthy again its like a smile appears on the users face :)
Life is Good after all:eek::)

Well first of all I have to apologise cause i'm a bit late ahah, I wrote that I would check that last sunday but unfortunetely I didnt got the time :/
And it's just yesterday night that I finally got the time to see that andddddddd it doesn't work :(
I tried both the KDZ and TOT methodes but none of them worked ( I tried it 2 times yesterday and one time more time today)
The thing is that my pc recognizes the G3 (at least that's what the usbdeview says) but I just cant enter the recovery/download mode :confused:

Now about this: http://xdaforums.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359 I didn't even tried lol, it's too technic for me and Im sure that I will just blow the phone up :p

But it's okay, don't worry for me ahahah :p I don't really care about it as I just precomended the Honor 7 Premium (can't wait to get it in my hands:fingers-crossed: ), one of my friend has the Honor 7 (the basic one) and he's totaly satisfied with it so I think it's the best I can buy with a 300e budget right now.

I really appreciated your help, thanks and take care, we need more people like you! :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: mudster786

white0rbs

May 27, 2016
Pasig
port to O+ 8.92 4.2.2 kernel 3.4.5 cwm 5.5.0.4

hello, can you help me port this rom on my phone? i've tried already but i receive errors on installing the ported rom "installation aborted" even if i've follow the guide in porting rom from my stock back up. where did i go wrong? :confused:
thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fncn7b.jpg

Hi guys, this ROM is oriented to be as stock as possible plus some tweaks that will
    make it smoother...hope you'll like it!!!

I made this choiche because:

• many of us like the sex appeal of the stock LG interface;
    • it is more compatible with MODS and Themes that will come.

257en4m.jpg

KERNEL:

Stock 20E Kernel with:
    - SElinux set to permissive;
    - init.d support
    - root support

ROM:

- Rooted
    - Zipaligned
    - Busybox
    - Debloated
    - Various build.prop tweaks
    - Splitwindow all Apps
    - SD_external fix ( writable for all apps)
    - Lollipop SD internal error fix ( and i wish also invisible navbar and statusbar )
    - Viper4Android support --> just install the app from HERE
    - call recording
    - all weather animations on lockscreen
    - dpi navbar reduced to 32 ( that was really too tall)
    - enabled all rotations
    - safe media volume disabled ( i really hate it )
    - plug pop enabled
    - smooth scrolling mod ( it's java coding mod not a simple build.prop edit )
    - volume steps for media increased to 30
    - OTA Updater ( so you will not need to download the whole rom for simple fix / mod added )- need some testing more on this but might be ok

DOWNLOAD

For The sharpening fix check this script

20zp3wi.jpg

Install the TWRP Recovery ( i suggest THIS that make a backup also of the modem partition, needed for downgrade to KitKat Roms )
    Put the ROM file in your SD
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the Rom​

Changelog:

-17.12.2014:
    - updated to base to 20E;
    - call recording
    - all weather animations on lockscreen
    - dpi navbar reduced to 32 ( that was really too tall)
    - enabled all rotations
    - safe media volume disabled ( i really hate it )
    - plug pop enabled
    - smooth scrolling mod ( it's java coding mod not a simple build.prop edit )
    - volume steps for media increased to 30
    - OTA Updater ( so you will not need to download the whole rom for simple fix / mod added )- need some testing more on this but might be ok

- 04.12.2014 Updated to new base 20D
    - added Call Rec ( in separate zip - i don't want that the users need to download whole rom for an only one APK changed)

tnx to @Kickoff for the graphics

XDA:DevDB Information
    |||..:: ChupaChups Rom::..||, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    Skin1980
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-12-16
    Last Updated 2014-12-17
    Yeah he"could" but does he do it? I think he is playing with his note4. I dont think there will be updates.

What's wrong with you? I will update the ROM as soon as I finished the multirom port.

I think the 95% is done and I can dual boot. I need to solve a kernel panic when the cyanogenmod starts... probably modem related.

I think that Multirom deserve priority on this Rom.

And... BTW. .. sometimes I have a family.

And...my Note 4 is untouched and unrooted. I play only with the G3 cause the guys who donated deserve it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
    New kernel here... if you can please, test and report tnx

http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/orig-development/kernel-chupachups-kernel-t2943339[/CENTER]

Do you have this after boot?

0mUGeEq.jpg

Then try to flash this in recovery:

Cust - Restore
    Hey guys how are you?... just want let you know i didn't leave you. I'm working hard on multirom port and I made some progress.

The TWRP and zip part is done... the multi boot menu shows up correctly and the patch in the kernel is ready. Need to fix a couple of things and then I will post all.

Tnx again to all the guys that gave me the possibility to do this.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app