[ROM][STOCK][D855][20A- LRX21M][OFFICIAL] Lollipop rooted ROM by skin1980

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Hi all, i'm pleased to share my work with you.

Here you have the latest official lollipop firmware for D855 ( v. 20A - LRX21M) packed in a zip flashable file.

I made this because all of us want to keep the old bootloader that is - at the moment - the only one who accept the bumped TWRP provided us by team Codefire.

I made also a step further and found a way to root this ROM.

Here you go:

First of all i suggest you to install the TWRP modded by me to allow the backup of the modem.
Be sure you select also the modem partition before taking the backup. ( If you want to restore the backup then restore also the modem ;))

1- download the two files and put them into the sdcard;

2- reboot in recovery and do a factory reset;

3- install the ROM and the supersu ZIP;

4- reboot the device and enjoy your rooted Lollipop ROM.

If you come from an earlier lollipop firmware you can dirty flash, it might work.

I spend a lot of time developing this so if you think i deserve you can donate ( look at my sign ;) )

DOWNLOAD

SUPERSU flashable ZIP

ROM

MIRROR

KK MODEM ( you need this only if you downgrade from lollipop to kitkat and you don't need if you backed up before with the modded TWRP recovery)

DONATORS:( really tnx guys)

GTMoraes, tobitege, shaboogen, pRo_lama, hnyuk49, rossonero82, spotlight79, TeamSlayr, Vegard Helland, Mishaal Almashan, Sagar Singh, PAPPL, ArubidCo, bigmupps

CREDITS:
teamcodefire, chainfire

Changelog:
- 13.11.2014 - updated to the official LRX21M - 20A ( poland FW )

Last edited:

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Q&A

What this ROM include?
In the ROM zip you can find only the system, modem and kernel (bumped) image

What do i need to flash this?
You need only to have the TWRP recovery installed

If i flash this i will lose the bumped recovery?
Nope. The bootloader will not be changed.

If i want go back to KK roms ( stock or AOSP) what i have to do?
Just flash your ROM or restore a previous nandroid backup. But, after that, flash the zip with the KK modem you can find in the 1st post.

I really need to flash the root files?
Must i answer????

Cannot write to internal SD?

With adb or a terminal emulator do:
Code:
su
restorecon -v -R /data/media

Your statusbar and navbar are gone?
This is a issue reported from some user.
Try to format manually data in TWRP before install the rom.
If this doesn't work try flashing the kdz of the H firmware ---> root ----> twrp ----> install this rom ( sperimental).

Doesn't have the option to enable LTE?
Go with a root browser to system/app/Lteconfigs/, click and install the apk, then reboot and you will have the option for LTE.

Last edited:

igniztion

Aug 18, 2009
Kristiansand
Now this is the stuff. Maybe this G3 wasn't a bad choice after all. Beer (or some wine to keep the wife happy) incoming when I'm not at work ;)

agelus69

Dec 1, 2012
Wait wut? So this is all done in the stock recovery? No root, no custom recovery needed? Just bang it all on the sd card and go?

jamiepotter

Mar 15, 2013
Sorry for this question but after flashing this rom via bump twrp can we go back to KK Aosp by flashing it back? Or do we need to connect to a PC to restore back to stock fw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, i'm pleased to share my work with you.

Here you have the latest official lollipop firmware for D855 ( v. 20A - LRX21M) packed in a zip flashable file.

I made this because all of us want to keep the old bootloader that is - at the moment - the only one who accept the bumped TWRP provided us by team Codefire.

I made also a step further and found a way to root this ROM.

Here you go:

First of all i suggest you to install the TWRP modded by me to allow the backup of the modem.
    Be sure you select also the modem partition before taking the backup. ( If you want to restore the backup then restore also the modem ;))

1- download the two files and put them into the sdcard;

2- reboot in recovery and do a factory reset;

3- install the ROM and the supersu ZIP;

4- reboot the device and enjoy your rooted Lollipop ROM.

If you come from an earlier lollipop firmware you can dirty flash, it might work.

I spend a lot of time developing this so if you think i deserve you can donate ( look at my sign ;) )

DOWNLOAD

SUPERSU flashable ZIP

ROM

MIRROR

KK MODEM ( you need this only if you downgrade from lollipop to kitkat and you don't need if you backed up before with the modded TWRP recovery)

DONATORS:( really tnx guys)

GTMoraes, tobitege, shaboogen, pRo_lama, hnyuk49, rossonero82, spotlight79, TeamSlayr, Vegard Helland, Mishaal Almashan, Sagar Singh, PAPPL, ArubidCo, bigmupps

CREDITS:
    teamcodefire, chainfire

Changelog:
    - 13.11.2014 - updated to the official LRX21M - 20A ( poland FW )
    Q&A

What this ROM include?
    In the ROM zip you can find only the system, modem and kernel (bumped) image

What do i need to flash this?
    You need only to have the TWRP recovery installed

If i flash this i will lose the bumped recovery?
    Nope. The bootloader will not be changed.

If i want go back to KK roms ( stock or AOSP) what i have to do?
    Just flash your ROM or restore a previous nandroid backup. But, after that, flash the zip with the KK modem you can find in the 1st post.

I really need to flash the root files?
    Must i answer????

Cannot write to internal SD?

With adb or a terminal emulator do:
    Code:
    su
    restorecon -v -R /data/media

Your statusbar and navbar are gone?
    This is a issue reported from some user.
    Try to format manually data in TWRP before install the rom.
    If this doesn't work try flashing the kdz of the H firmware ---> root ----> twrp ----> install this rom ( sperimental).

Doesn't have the option to enable LTE?
    Go with a root browser to system/app/Lteconfigs/, click and install the apk, then reboot and you will have the option for LTE.
    ROM Uploaded.... i dirty flash over the previous and all is ok.
    @Skin1980: You definitely deserve some beers (or whatever you like :) ) 0F714082VL945954E
    THANK YOU!!

Like i said in the other post really tnx. My wife and my childs are gonna kill me for the time spent on the PC!
    How to flash

My setup:
    D855 International version 32Gb, unlocked.
    Previous rom: AndroidNow HD 2.4

How i flashed:
    I did a full system backup with my Titanium Backup, then I copied all files that are supposed to be flashed to my external SD.

Entered recovery mode:
    1. Did a factory reset. (as said in 1st post)
    2. Flashed rom D85520A-lollipop-skin1980.zip (as said in 1st post)
    3. Flashed SU-beta BETA-SuperSU-v2.19.zip (as said in 1st post)
    4.a Flashed custom kernel D85520A-boot-rooted-bumped-skin1980.zip (as said in 1st post)
    4.b Reboot.

Additional steps to restore Titanium backup:
    5. Install BusyBox from Google Play
    6. Install Titanium Backup Beta
    7. Reboot, all good.

Rebooted, stuck on LG Logo for a few minutes, then it suddenly started to upgrade apps, and after that it was all great.
    Running smooth as ever!

Please hit "Thank you" button if this helped you :D

Only bug so far: when taking a screenshot, I'll get an error, but the image will appear at the gallery. The screenshot notification can't be dismissed however

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Took screenshot of first install, worked fine. Just took another, worked fine. It saves, no errors, and I can dismiss it - Works as it should.

The root not work. Any idea?

Works great for me. You need a beta of Titanium Backup if that's the app that says that you don't have root. After installing the beta I could restore Android ID, SMS, MMS and everything else.

Hah, i am not idi*t ))
    Nooo, after flash bumped rom 20a (from this thread) - i cant write\delete any files on phone memory,cant copy any files from pc to phone memorry, cant do screenshot on phone (notice - file corrupted) cant take a photo - default camera chose SD card, but if i can change to phone memorry - notice - not free memory (8gb free)

SO - nooo privliages to write-delete on phone memory

In 20a without root - allllll good. (flash kdz)

I tried to take a photo to internal memory - works great.
    I tried to take a photo to external memory - works great.
    I trired to copy a file from external SD card to internal memory - works great.

Pls could someone confirm that this rom works with the 32GB variant? Particularly the write problem on the internal memory

If someone could take a screenshot and tell if there is no error, I would really appreciate.