FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK][Marshmallow] D855 30B KDZ + Flashable Zips (system+boot+modem+root)[UPDATED!]

2,387 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,427

By autoprime, Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer on 30th December 2015, 06:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
LG G3 Marshmallow
This thread is for the D855 variants. Files are from software version 30B (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot and modem zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update so downgrading is still possible. See below for more downgrade info.

Please do not mirror files!

Quote:

Requirements:
You must have TWRP 2.8.7+ installed to use these files. Thanks to Dees_Troy as always for that.
Best to already be rooted and have TWRP installed while on Android 4.x - 5.x then flash the zips in this thread to update to a rooted stock Marshmallow. It has been reported that 30B can be temp-rooted with Kingroot 4.6.5. So you COULD flash the 30B KDZ, temp-root with Kingroot and then read my long/annoying post here to perm root http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=529 . *update on root* With the info I provided in the previous sentence.. AutoRec for D855 has been updated for Marshmallow 30B.

Install Directions:
These directions should be used by everyone who wants a rooted 30B system. Don't want root? Then it's probably easiest to just flash the stock KDZ.

Before beginning it is suggested to backup your EFS in TWRP then save it to an external SD card or the cloud or your PC etc etc...

1. D/L 30B boot(V2), modem (Hybrid) and system zips along with SuperSu 2.52 and place on internal storage.
(Thanks to Chainfire for SuperSu and thanks to msubhani for confirming 2.52 works)
2. (Re)boot into TWRP. Backup current partitions: boot, system, data, efs. Press home button.
3. If coming from 100% stock Lollipop then a factory reset is optional.
COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM needs a factory reset [Wipe button > swipe slider]
4. Install modem, boot, system and SuperSu zips (in that order!)
[Install button > select modem > Add zip > select boot > Add zip > system > Add zip > SuperSu > swipe to confirm]
All done.. time to reboot back into Android. (if TWRP asks if you want to install SU, no!)

Any issues with apps crashing etc after boot up may require a factory reset in TWRP for a fresh install of M.
Any issues with no root after flashing all 4 zips... boot back into TWRP and just reflash SuperSu zip.

Downloads:
LG-D85530B-Flashable.System.zip
100% stock untouched system. Also comes with cust partition. MD5 = e10f135e92d5246370ea6f5b8d36c6e5
Mirror here.

LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ-AutoHybrid.zip
This is a hybrid 30B modem, rpm and tz zip with parts from 21A and 30B. 100% 30B modem does not yet work with Bump-compatible bootloaders so the option is to use this hybrid modem or use a Lollipop modem. Original 30B modem is still available in the Codefire Directory link further below if needed. Also HERE is the 21A modem/rpm/tz combo just in case you don't want to use the hybrid.

LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot-AutoV2.zip
This is a flashable stock 30B boot.img. Boot.img contains kernel + dtb + ramdisk. I repacked this to make some things work then Bump'd it. Thanks to Codefire for BUMP.

CODEFIRE DIRECTORY
KDZ, stock images, flashable zips and all other 30B-related files available here.

30B KDZ Mirror

Downgrade/Revert:
1. Use LGUP HERE to flash a previous KDZ version. The LGUP thread assumes you have a G4... so instead of downloading the "8992 DLL use the DLL installer LGUP_8974_DLL_Ver_0_5_CODEFIRE.MSI HERE instead.

2. Restore your TWRP backups. Depending on your TWRP build it may or may not backup modem. If it does not and you flashed the 30B modem you will have to find a Lollipop modem zip elsewhere. All versions of TWRP should backup Boot, system and data.. so only other variable is modem/rpm/tz.

3. Use LG Flash + TOT + NEW DLL HERE to downgrade. I think LGUP is the better option tho... LGUP can flash both KDZ and TOT and doesn't care which COM port it's using.

y u quote OP?

Follow me on twitter for future updates on LG-related things - twitter.com/@utoprime

Find this thread helpful? Enjoy getting M ASAP? Enjoy the ability to keep root? Hit the Thanks button!
Feeling extra generous? Hit the Donate button under my name in post #2 or click my name at the top of this post.
Seems XDA removed the visible Donate button in OP. Thanks XDA...

#TEAMCODEFIRE
Last edited by autoprime; 25th February 2016 at 11:07 PM.
The Following 246 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th December 2015, 06:49 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 10,427

Donate to Me
More
CM devs have already got their hands on this to grab the blobs for CM13! http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/topic:g3_M_blobs

Currently the new 30B modem doesn't mesh with the downgraded bootstack which is needed for BUMP. Current fix is to keep the hybrid modem I linked in the above post or using the 21A or 21C modems... I've also linked 21A modem/tz/rpm above so you won't have to hunt for everything. Everything required should be in this thread somewhere.

I plan on poking the modem stuff more once I can get an M build for my G3 version.
Last edited by autoprime; 2nd January 2016 at 01:49 PM.
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th December 2015, 07:17 AM |#3  
Flag Right beside you
Thanks Meter: 42

More
First of all thanks a lot for the zips

Just one question, in the instructions its says 'Flash FULL 30B ZIP', does that mean all the zips or just the System? I have this doubt because the bootloader is new so we cant use bump on the new bootloader right?
30th December 2015, 07:17 AM |#4  
Flag Candas
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoprime

These are for the D855 variant only. Files are from software version 30B (Android 6.0 Marshmallow).
Included below: TWRP-flashable stock rom, boot, modem and bootloader zips. KDZ and individual images are also included.

*There is NO anti-rollback qfuse used in this update... you can downgrade using LGUP HERE.

Please do not mirror files!

y u quote OP?

Hi, does it matter which order we flash these zips?
The Following User Says Thank You to Javierinnn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Javierinnn Ad-Free
30th December 2015, 07:26 AM |#5  
Flag Münster
Thanks Meter: 6,879

Donate to Me
More
Thanks!! Its so great
30th December 2015, 07:32 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 460

Donate to Me
More
deleted
30th December 2015, 07:33 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
i got a good security error

So if i want a fresh install: (after backup)

i flash:
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ.zip
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot.zip

then reboot recovery ( i get a error that no OS is installed? ?? )

Then flash SU
and if needed the sharpening fix
Last edited by Darkje; 30th December 2015 at 07:38 AM.
30th December 2015, 07:47 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkje

i got a good security error

So if i want a fresh install: (after backup)

i flash:
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Modem.RPM.TZ.zip
LG-D85530B-Flashable.Boot.zip

then reboot recovery ( i get a error that no OS is installed? ?? )

Then flash SU
and if needed the sharpening fix

i did not reboot into recovery after flashing the rom images (system, modem and boot) but just pressed home in twrp and then i continued flashing as per instructions and seems to be booting at the moment.
30th December 2015, 07:48 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamal

i did not reboot into recovery after flashing the rom images (system, modem and boot) but just pressed home in twrp and then i continued flashing as per instructions and seems to be booting at the moment.

Did you do a full wipe before flashing?
30th December 2015, 07:53 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkje

Did you do a full wipe before flashing?

nope and android is now upgrading
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donjamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donjamal Ad-Free
30th December 2015, 07:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Yeeeeees

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)