For those thinking of switching to note 4.. Srs

OP brolic925t

16th October 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Corona, NY
Thanks Meter: 351

879 posts
Donate to Me
I just went to my local tmobzsz and used the note 4, i have the g3 on zone rom with skydragon kernel so bare(bear? Idfk lol) with me.. I was really expecting a lot since it was a amoled 2k screen.
I turned it on and went straight to display settings and put the most vivid color settings it had and to my surprise my g3 colors were wayyy more to my liking (skydragon has a different color setting, colors really pop and my g3 has no tint, my girlfriends does tho) but yea my color settings are basically in the middle of the gallery icon in accessibility settings and i was really shocked to see how faded they were on the note and its not like my colors are crazy saturated to where everything looks weird but theyre amazing to me. Im really glad i went with the g3, the 805 makes no difference to me, i have greenify with no lag, and i used to game a lot on my phone but realised no matter what, if a game is high end, a small screen doesnt cut it.. our screen is sharper(ppi makes a difference) and the colors on skydragon are more vivid. Amoled always looked cartoonish to me aswell but thats my 2 cents. Think before buying or trading.
No phone has our high density, colors (on skydragon) or design. Yea the note 4 looks better than any NOTE OR GALAXY but our g3 is nexus like. And our brightness is blinding.
And for all those thinking of the n6.. That design killed it, dual speakers? Ok? Skydragon has fauxsound and with that app you can find around the webzs my speaker can be heard from 2 rooms away on full blast, 6 inches with wayy less pixels andd amoled ...after today. I have desided to stay.
Just waiting for mr faux to release a aosp kernel so those colors can be on cm

SORRY FOR THE CHILDISH LAYOUT LMAO[emoji16] [emoji44]

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brolic925t For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Poway
Thanks Meter: 219

501 posts
More
I was never thinking about switching bit it's always nice to hear our phone is great. Thanks man. I played with an iPhone 6 that my boss has and of course it made me love my phone way more.
16th October 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Vancouver , WA
Thanks Meter: 72

465 posts
More
Definately trading my g3 for the note 4
16th October 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Corona, NY

879 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJennni

Definately trading my g3 for the note 4

Just saying man... Were fully unlocked. Note 3 n s4 n 5 are still locked after years. And were the closest thing to stock android... With some bloat removed and aosp icon pack and my theme for tweaksbox. But your loss.
And about the iphone yea that screen is ****

17th October 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 48

404 posts
More
I find the G3 alot like the nexus in terms of looks too, i mean cover up the colour panel at the bottom they look nearly the same - all black looks mean as
The Following User Says Thank You to Vivasanti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #6  
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 101

253 posts
More
I've never had any issues with the color reproduction on our device quite frankly. Of course, if you keep two devices side to side and compare then you'll find differences but if you judge the G3 standalone - I don't really think you can complain about the colors. Despite not being an AMOLED our G3's blacks are quite deep (and I've used AMOLED previously with the Note 2).

All in all, it's nice to see people still finding the G3 great. I find both the Note 4 & the Nexus 6 to be great devices. Maybe the Nexus 6 is too huge for some people's likings, but you never know until you've held one in your hands. Still, nothing that'll make me switch from my G3 so soon. ☺
The Following User Says Thank You to if4ct0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
I might be the only person that cancelled a note 4 preorder and bought a G3. I loved the form factor and size of the G3. Perfect for my hand.

I also primarily use a phone as a just that, a phone. Novelty wears off real quick with me and I know I will never use a pen interface on a phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYG2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Corona, NY

879 posts
Donate to Me
Im right there with all of you guys. But i never really thought pixel density mattered till today idk if its the fact that its amoled or not but the sharpness difference are crazy. The n6 really shouldve chosen the g3 screen to be honest, with all those high specs, less than 500 ppi. Might let some dow , especially for the price

17th October 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #9  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 736

2,985 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brolic925t

and i was really shocked to see how faded they were on the note

The Note 4 has the best phone display to date, as tested scientifically.
17th October 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #10  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
G3 or Note 4
Hi all,

I do look at this a bit differently. Although the screen of of the G3 is indeed beautiful I really don't think it weighs up to the amount of resources it takes. Same probably goes for the note 4. Maybe some users really see the difference but if I load the same wallpaper on both my "old" Note 3 and my new G3, I must try really hard to see any difference at all. This leads me to believe that the screen quality has reached it's limits as to what you can actually see with the human eye. What would like to see is a phone that actually uses its processor and battery just for better performance (as in speed and ROM and RAM capacity and battery life). Isn't it crazy that so much time and money is being spend on even greater displays which my eyes can't grasp anyway?

This raises a few questions:
1* How come we have a microSD card with 128 GB of ROM but most phones come with 16 or 32 GB?

2* If the Note 4 (or G3 for that matter) would have the same display as the previous model, but with the new battery and processor? How fast would it go and how long would a battery last?

Obviously I'm not a developer and maybe the above isn't quite as simple as I put it, but I do know this: My rooted Note 3 with Slim Rom on it, runs faster and smoother then my new G3!

Maybe someone with more knowledge can explain.

Willem:
Note 3 / Slim ROM
LG G3 / Stock ROM
Last edited by Willem1975; 17th October 2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling errors...

The Following User Says Thank You to Willem1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread