FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROMANIA] LG G3 Romanian users

15th September 2014, 02:56 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I was thinking that maybe there are more users from Romania that have the LG G3 and we can discuss here.

First topic that i want to open: which software version are you on? I have V10h and from what i know, this version has some issues with the quickcircle case. for example my phone it keeps waiking up in my pocket. From what i understand, the v10i version solved this issue. Has anyone got this update in Romania?

BTW, i have the 32G model, bought from Vodafone
The Following User Says Thank You to ucraiova88 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th September 2014, 03:54 PM |#2  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Mine also has V10h which seems to be the latest on the Vodafone version (D855 32GB one).

Didn't experience any major bugs, however the battery life with my usage (which is rather low) and the same apps I had on my nexus 5 is kinda bad. Maybe is the 4G signal strength or whatnot but I was hoping for more from the 3000mAh battery.
15th September 2014, 04:15 PM |#3  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I am polish user, but I have phone from Romania. My version is 10h I have 32Gb variant with code AROM or something like that and have a circle case. I Have no problems with that phone at all. I haven't any single restart, or freeze or wake with a circle case. It is ultra stable and have outstanding battery (with wifi, sync etc enabled i lost 4% battery in the night)
15th September 2014, 09:01 PM |#4  
Flag Saint George
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I have the 16Gb version bought from emag. Also on v10h firmware. I had the Nexus 5 before. While I also expected more from the G3 ( it's getting better) it easily outperforms the N5's battery. But boy the ocasional lags are killing me.
16th September 2014, 08:45 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
i also come from a Nexus 5 and before a Nexus 4.
It is nice to have the extra features like dual window and qslide apps but i am not sure so far abut it. the waiking up problem is killing me. when i am at the office and i keep my phone on my desk but i still use it a lot, by battery is really good. but after i put it in my pocket, it drains really fast. i love the quick circle case and i don't want to remove it and i really hope we will have a 10i version fast in order to solve this.
Also, do you have a screen protector that you recommend? on my nexus 5 i used a tempered glass and i was happy with it so i may go with one also for the G3
16th September 2014, 09:02 AM |#6  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 90

More
My G3 was bought from Sweden and it has a firmware from Norway.
16th September 2014, 11:17 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
a new bug that i found is with Wifi. When i am at work, it keeps connecting to a wifi network that requires an account and if i try to connect to another working network, i receive a "failed to connect" message. Also, when i am in setting menu, where the wifi, bluetooth and mobile network is, i can see witch network i use but when i open the wifi window, i cannot see it connected so i cannot long press it and click on "forget network".
the only thing that i can do is clse the wifi and stay on my data
16th September 2014, 12:26 PM |#8  
Flag Craiova
Thanks Meter: 150

More
I have a Super Clear Nillkin protector on mine which got its first scratch in the first day of use. The protector is good, was relatively easy to apply but it's not as "durable" as I would have expected (had on protectors on other phones and lasted more before showing signs of use).

I would go for glass, but I am not sure about applying it - I am afraid that I won't get it just right and I understood they are not that friendly when it comes to application / reapplication until you get it right.
16th September 2014, 12:38 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven001

I have a Super Clear Nillkin protector on mine which got its first scratch in the first day of use. The protector is good, was relatively easy to apply but it's not as "durable" as I would have expected (had on protectors on other phones and lasted more before showing signs of use).

I would go for glass, but I am not sure about applying it - I am afraid that I won't get it just right and I understood they are not that friendly when it comes to application / reapplication until you get it right.

i used 2 glass ones from nilkin on my nexus 5. for applying, if you don't set it to well, you can remove it and use a cloth dust removal to get all the dust out (it works great) and reapply it. the problem is i think with nillkin. in time it starts to wear off. the first one was better, it lasted around 6 months. the second one showed issues after only a few weeks and the same happened to a friend of mine. so i will never use another nillkin one.
i want to use a tempered glass one also on the G3 but i don't know what kind to use. i looked on okazii and are some products there but i am not sure how good they are. at quick mobile i found also one but it is 80 lei compared to 30-40 lei on okazii.
as a conclusion, i recommend a tempered glass any time instead of a regular screen protector but be sure it is a good one.
also i know a case when the tempered glass saved a friend of mine's screen from cracking.
16th September 2014, 09:28 PM |#10  
32 GB still on v10h
Same problem with circle case
What do you think guys should I root the g3 or w8 until we get bootloader unlocked? And for the screen i was planning to buy the alien screen protector with warranty for life
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread