Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which LG G# comes with unlocked bootloader?

Tip us?

andreyl79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Which LG G# comes with unlocked bootloader?

I am an AT&T subscriber and in the market for an LG G3. The AT&T version comes with a locked bootloader which means I will probably never be able to install a custom recovery and flash CyanogenMod on it which is a must for me. I realize that other versions will not work with AT&T LTE and I am completely fine with just HSDPA+ - which versions of the phone support AT&T HSDPA+ and come with unlocked bootloader?

bigkevbosky
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreyl79 View Post
I am an AT&T subscriber and in the market for an LG G3. The AT&T version comes with a locked bootloader which means I will probably never be able to install a custom recovery and flash CyanogenMod on it which is a must for me. I realize that other versions will not work with AT&T LTE and I am completely fine with just HSDPA+ - which versions of the phone support AT&T HSDPA+ and come with unlocked bootloader?
D851 - Tmobile

andreyl79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkevbosky View Post
D851 - Tmobile
Thank you. Does it come network unlocked? I.e. can I put my AT&T sim in and use it?

bigkevbosky
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreyl79 View Post
Thank you. Does it come network unlocked? I.e. can I put my AT&T sim in and use it?
No, but I've heard of getting unlock codes for as little as $6 on Ebay.

Plus Tmo is rumored to start a new thing soon where they put an unlock app either on the phone itself or on the Play Store and you can unlock it right there.

You'd want to get the Tmo version, though, because it's fully compatable with AT&T's LTE bands.