Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Small But Eternal: HTC Explorer Receives Unofficial CM12

When HTC officially announced the HTC Explorer, they most likely weren’t … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

AT&T G3 D850 bootloader

OP HermieTheBoa

3rd September 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Just talked with AT&T for about 2 hours trying to get someway of unlocking the bootloader for the D850. Ended in the expected no. I made sure the tech support person passed up the message of if they don't want people switching to T-Mobile help the very very few people that want a unlocked bootloader. So in saying that I believe that if a huge amount of people bug the hell out of their carrier everyday they might just might help with the bootloader.
3rd September 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 1,571

1,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have to disagree with you. Bugging them will be a waste of your time and breath. That tech that you spoke with probably wanted to tell you to go pound sand, especially after wasting 2 hours of his time with this. Did you honestly expect he would unlock your bootloader during that phone call? What were you trying to achieve when you called?
3rd September 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
Jesus guy take it easy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Batryoperatedboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
No I wasn't expecting him to unlock my boot loader during a call I'm not retarded. Just wanted info on at unlocking them. Because I bet you anything someone in that corporation has a way to do it. So there for if a big number of people ask and complain and threaten to switch to tmobile maybe just maybe they would change their dumb ways.
4th September 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #5  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 1,571

1,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermieTheBoa

No I wasn't expecting him to unlock my boot loader during a call I'm not retarded. Just wanted info on at unlocking them. Because I bet you anything someone in that corporation has a way to do it. So there for if a big number of people ask and complain and threaten to switch to tmobile maybe just maybe they would change their dumb ways.

I feel ya... Im just saying that bugging them wont do anything. I think the best chance we have (if any) is signing that petition that is currently going around. Im sure there is a way to unlock it. I also think that we have a better shot at loki then unlocking the BL. I dont get paid to think though

BTW - I reread my last post, sorry for being a dick
4th September 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Its cool man. I didn't know about a petition. I know I've only had an account here for all of 2 days but I've been rooting and jailbreaking phones for years. I know something can be done in regards to Loki or bl just wish there was a way to speed things up.
4th September 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 54

252 posts
More
Live chat with a rep is pretty much a quick 10 minute thing. I have no problem integrating it into my daily routine and take 10 minutes of my time to bug the hell outta ATT.
5th September 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 35

387 posts
Donate to Me
Why dont you guys just get the T-Mobile variant which has the same bands and get it unlocked so you can use it on ATT?

Problem solved!
5th September 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Because I hate T-Mobile they screwed me over way to many times. Plus i don't have 600$ to dish out right now. Other wise i would haha.
6th September 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #10  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 605

1,379 posts
Deleted, wrong thread, sry..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread