Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 46,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T G3 D850 bootloader

Tip us?

HermieTheBoa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb AT&T G3 D850 bootloader

Just talked with AT&T for about 2 hours trying to get someway of unlocking the bootloader for the D850. Ended in the expected no. I made sure the tech support person passed up the message of if they don't want people switching to T-Mobile help the very very few people that want a unlocked bootloader. So in saying that I believe that if a huge amount of people bug the hell out of their carrier everyday they might just might help with the bootloader.

timmytim
Old
Thanks Meter 1,099

DONATE TO ME
I have to disagree with you. Bugging them will be a waste of your time and breath. That tech that you spoke with probably wanted to tell you to go pound sand, especially after wasting 2 hours of his time with this. Did you honestly expect he would unlock your bootloader during that phone call? What were you trying to achieve when you called?
My Devices
LG G3 - Metallic Black
HTC One M8 - Silver
LG G Pad 8.3 - White

Batryoperatedboy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Jesus guy take it easy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Batryoperatedboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HermieTheBoa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No I wasn't expecting him to unlock my boot loader during a call I'm not retarded. Just wanted info on at unlocking them. Because I bet you anything someone in that corporation has a way to do it. So there for if a big number of people ask and complain and threaten to switch to tmobile maybe just maybe they would change their dumb ways.

timmytim
Old
Thanks Meter 1,099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermieTheBoa View Post
No I wasn't expecting him to unlock my boot loader during a call I'm not retarded. Just wanted info on at unlocking them. Because I bet you anything someone in that corporation has a way to do it. So there for if a big number of people ask and complain and threaten to switch to tmobile maybe just maybe they would change their dumb ways.

I feel ya... Im just saying that bugging them wont do anything. I think the best chance we have (if any) is signing that petition that is currently going around. Im sure there is a way to unlock it. I also think that we have a better shot at loki then unlocking the BL. I dont get paid to think though

BTW - I reread my last post, sorry for being a dick
My Devices
LG G3 - Metallic Black
HTC One M8 - Silver
LG G Pad 8.3 - White

HermieTheBoa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its cool man. I didn't know about a petition. I know I've only had an account here for all of 2 days but I've been rooting and jailbreaking phones for years. I know something can be done in regards to Loki or bl just wish there was a way to speed things up.

4ndroid99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Live chat with a rep is pretty much a quick 10 minute thing. I have no problem integrating it into my daily routine and take 10 minutes of my time to bug the hell outta ATT.
AT&T LG G3 -- stock, rooted
Amazon Kindle Fire -- CyanogenMod 11
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 -- Google Edition ROM 4.4.4 -- retired

ej_424
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Why dont you guys just get the T-Mobile variant which has the same bands and get it unlocked so you can use it on ATT?

Problem solved!

HermieTheBoa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Because I hate T-Mobile they screwed me over way to many times. Plus i don't have 600$ to dish out right now. Other wise i would haha.

iBuzman
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Deleted, wrong thread, sry..