Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 48,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

D855 sea fw. And 4g lte option

Tip us?

nick1973nz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought my G3 in Indonesia so its an SEA version. I have no 4G option here in Indonesia (where there is no 4G), but if I pop in a Smart Philippines SIM card (they do have 4G), the 4G option does appear. I've tested the 4G in the Philippines and it works fine.

The key is a SIM card which is provisioned for 4G. You won't see 4G as an option unless the SIM is provisioned for it, even if you're currently connected via 3G to a network operator which has a 4G network.
The Following User Says Thank You to nick1973nz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jah
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1973nz View Post
I bought my G3 in Indonesia so its an SEA version. I have no 4G option here in Indonesia (where there is no 4G), but if I pop in a Smart Philippines SIM card (they do have 4G), the 4G option does appear. I've tested the 4G in the Philippines and it works fine.

The key is a SIM card which is provisioned for 4G. You won't see 4G as an option unless the SIM is provisioned for it, even if you're currently connected via 3G to a network operator which has a 4G network.
Not the issue here in the UK. I had a SEA firmware device and tried three different 4G SIM cards and no LTE optoon was available. The device is region locked somehow.
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)
The Following User Says Thank You to jah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]