Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

Delete bloatware forever

OP bartito

8th July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,132

2,454 posts
Donate to Me
Most of the bloatware included by the phone is reinstalled magically after a device reset (wipe).

In order to delete it forever, you need to edit the file /data/.OP/app-enabled-conf.json

I attach a file that removes all bloatware (added the txt extension in order to upload here).

* Note: Searched if this info is already published here but not located. If this is know already, please delete the thread.

* Note 2: I recommend to backup your app-enabled-conf.json file before edit it...
Attached Files
File Type: txt app-enabled-conf.json.txt - [Click for QR Code] (186 Bytes, 458 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bartito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 92

188 posts
More
very useful, thanks.... could you list what is removed by this ???
8th July 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,132

2,454 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by 557953

very useful, thanks.... could you list what is removed by this ???

Sorry, updated mine and not preserved the original contents...
3rd September 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Wink please give moar info about this solution
Hello. Since I have unrooted LG G3 F400S (korean version) this solution is very helpful. I want to get rid of all korean apps without rooting my phone.
So I've switched to LG phone mode in setting of my phone, via MyPhoneExplorer looked in folder data\.OP\ - but it's empty! there is no app-enable-conf.json. Next problem-how I could set rw-r--r-- rights to this file without root?

Thanks a lot for help, sorry for bad english, I'm just a casual user not droid guru, so I cant solve this questions by myself. Have a nice day.
3rd September 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Meow=

So I've switched to LG phone mode in setting of my phone, via MyPhoneExplorer looked in folder data\.OP\ - but it's empty! there is no app-enable-conf.json.

I don't have this file either. Got a rooted G3, using Root Explorer, show hidden files enabled - nothing in the data folder
4th September 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 76

931 posts
More
Warning

I noticed that when you upgrade the software via PC Suite, it will check that all pre-installed apps are present before it will proceed. Even the ones I froze using Titanium backup I have to unfreeze them before PC Suite will proceed with the software upgrade. So I am guessing that if you do this, you can kiss goodbye to ever upgrading your software.
4th September 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer1975

Warning

I noticed that when you upgrade the software via PC Suite, it will check that all pre-installed apps are present before it will proceed. Even the ones I froze using Titanium backup I have to unfreeze them before PC Suite will proceed with the software upgrade. So I am guessing that if you do this, you can kiss goodbye to ever upgrading your software.

wtf? so how should I delete this korean apps? I thought that solution in this topic will help or, at least, I can root handset and kill this apps but forget about OTA updates....
5th September 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 76

931 posts
More
Actually you can just freeze them with Titanium Backup

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread