more

Delete bloatware forever

OP bartito

8th July 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,302

2,634 posts
Donate to Me
Most of the bloatware included by the phone is reinstalled magically after a device reset (wipe).

In order to delete it forever, you need to edit the file /data/.OP/app-enabled-conf.json

I attach a file that removes all bloatware (added the txt extension in order to upload here).

* Note: Searched if this info is already published here but not located. If this is know already, please delete the thread.

* Note 2: I recommend to backup your app-enabled-conf.json file before edit it...
Attached Files
File Type: txt app-enabled-conf.json.txt - [Click for QR Code] (186 Bytes, 703 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bartito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 97

220 posts
More
very useful, thanks.... could you list what is removed by this ???
8th July 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,302

2,634 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by 557953

very useful, thanks.... could you list what is removed by this ???

Sorry, updated mine and not preserved the original contents...
3rd September 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Wink please give moar info about this solution
Hello. Since I have unrooted LG G3 F400S (korean version) this solution is very helpful. I want to get rid of all korean apps without rooting my phone.
So I've switched to LG phone mode in setting of my phone, via MyPhoneExplorer looked in folder data\.OP\ - but it's empty! there is no app-enable-conf.json. Next problem-how I could set rw-r--r-- rights to this file without root?

Thanks a lot for help, sorry for bad english, I'm just a casual user not droid guru, so I cant solve this questions by myself. Have a nice day.
4th September 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 51

143 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Meow=

So I've switched to LG phone mode in setting of my phone, via MyPhoneExplorer looked in folder data\.OP\ - but it's empty! there is no app-enable-conf.json.

I don't have this file either. Got a rooted G3, using Root Explorer, show hidden files enabled - nothing in the data folder
4th September 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 79

939 posts
More
Warning

I noticed that when you upgrade the software via PC Suite, it will check that all pre-installed apps are present before it will proceed. Even the ones I froze using Titanium backup I have to unfreeze them before PC Suite will proceed with the software upgrade. So I am guessing that if you do this, you can kiss goodbye to ever upgrading your software.
4th September 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer1975

Warning

I noticed that when you upgrade the software via PC Suite, it will check that all pre-installed apps are present before it will proceed. Even the ones I froze using Titanium backup I have to unfreeze them before PC Suite will proceed with the software upgrade. So I am guessing that if you do this, you can kiss goodbye to ever upgrading your software.

wtf? so how should I delete this korean apps? I thought that solution in this topic will help or, at least, I can root handset and kill this apps but forget about OTA updates....
5th September 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 79

939 posts
More
Actually you can just freeze them with Titanium Backup

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread