FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Delete bloatware forever

2,876 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,416
 
By bartito, Recognized Developer on 8th July 2014, 10:44 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Most of the bloatware included by the phone is reinstalled magically after a device reset (wipe).

In order to delete it forever, you need to edit the file /data/.OP/app-enabled-conf.json

I attach a file that removes all bloatware (added the txt extension in order to upload here).


* Note: Searched if this info is already published here but not located. If this is know already, please delete the thread.

* Note 2: I recommend to backup your app-enabled-conf.json file before edit it...
Attached Files
File Type: txt app-enabled-conf.json.txt - [Click for QR Code] (186 Bytes, 913 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bartito For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
8th July 2014, 10:51 AM |#2  
557953's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
very useful, thanks.... could you list what is removed by this ???
8th July 2014, 11:48 AM |#3  
bartito's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,416
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 557953

very useful, thanks.... could you list what is removed by this ???

Sorry, updated mine and not preserved the original contents...
3rd September 2014, 07:39 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Wink please give moar info about this solution
Hello. Since I have unrooted LG G3 F400S (korean version) this solution is very helpful. I want to get rid of all korean apps without rooting my phone.
So I've switched to LG phone mode in setting of my phone, via MyPhoneExplorer looked in folder data\.OP\ - but it's empty! there is no app-enable-conf.json. Next problem-how I could set rw-r--r-- rights to this file without root?

Thanks a lot for help, sorry for bad english, I'm just a casual user not droid guru, so I cant solve this questions by myself. Have a nice day.
3rd September 2014, 11:23 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Meow=

So I've switched to LG phone mode in setting of my phone, via MyPhoneExplorer looked in folder data\.OP\ - but it's empty! there is no app-enable-conf.json.

I don't have this file either. Got a rooted G3, using Root Explorer, show hidden files enabled - nothing in the data folder
4th September 2014, 03:50 PM |#6  
Seifer1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Warning

I noticed that when you upgrade the software via PC Suite, it will check that all pre-installed apps are present before it will proceed. Even the ones I froze using Titanium backup I have to unfreeze them before PC Suite will proceed with the software upgrade. So I am guessing that if you do this, you can kiss goodbye to ever upgrading your software.
4th September 2014, 04:42 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer1975

Warning

I noticed that when you upgrade the software via PC Suite, it will check that all pre-installed apps are present before it will proceed. Even the ones I froze using Titanium backup I have to unfreeze them before PC Suite will proceed with the software upgrade. So I am guessing that if you do this, you can kiss goodbye to ever upgrading your software.

wtf? so how should I delete this korean apps? I thought that solution in this topic will help or, at least, I can root handset and kill this apps but forget about OTA updates....
5th September 2014, 03:00 PM |#8  
Seifer1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 82
 
More
Actually you can just freeze them with Titanium Backup
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes