Originally Posted by rockbottom8
I am rooted. did you just edit the build.prop file? I am also using he xposed framework for the google now launcher modifications. Wonder if I can find something in there to change it globally.
Note: people are reporting success using Texdroider_dpi (in the Play Store). The following instructions are about how I did it without bootloops or errors. I suspect that using Texdroider_dpi would be infinitely easier...
Be careful editing the build.prop directly on the G3. The build prop is so large that many of the editors are truncating it on save, causing major headaches for tweakers. Even many dedicated build.prop editor apps are having this difficulty.
0. Backup using Nandroid. Also make a build.prop copy.
1. Use adb to copy the build.prop file off your device.
2. Edit the build.prop file on your computer
3. Remount /system as r/w
4. Copy the build.prop back on to /system
5. Reset the attribs of build.prop back to 644 (-rw-r--r--) (DO NOT FORGET!)