Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disabling low fps in the UI. End result: The most fluid phone you will use.

Tip us?

oktaya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
DAMMIT! Why do you have to resurrect that temperature thing?? Can anybody report that it actually makes a difference? No. But it's on every **** blog because of the coverage on xda forums.

xRamz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktaya View Post
DAMMIT! Why do you have to resurrect that temperature thing?? Can anybody report that it actually makes a difference? No. But it's on every **** blog because of the coverage on xda forums.
All I can say is my phone does get quite hot just from browsing the web. And it overheated when I disabled those high temp settings in the hidden menu.
Rooted LG G3 10j - Optus Austrlia

jodvova
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I set 60fps and disabled all temp warning daemons.

I can use the phone for a hour on the max brightness and it works all fine. Doesn't get hot at all.

oktaya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova View Post
I set 60fps and disabled all temp warning daemons.

I can use the phone for a hour on the max brightness and it works all fine. Doesn't get hot at all.
Absolutely. Mine doesn't get hot either. But it also doesn't get faster, snappier or the like.

edif30
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Anyone on Verizon do this?

comzee
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I use "Shortcut Master" to access the LG Hidden Menu to switch the 60FPS. For some reason the setting keeps reverting to default (the governor being enabled). It only does it for the 60fps setting too, the thermal mitigation and high temp settings I switched, and those do not revert to defaults.

I'm on sprint, any ideas?

3's&7's
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
The worst result I have experienced with thermal changes was the phone shutting itself down during an Antutu test.

As for the fps changes, I just couldn't see a difference.

Otherwise the phone just seemed warmer, not really faster.

I froze the heck out of the apps, no carrier IQ, plenty of exposed mods, nova launcher, stock google apps, etc. My phone flies and benchmarks with the best of them to boot.
Sent from my LG G3 D850 (Rooted / Exposed)
The Following User Says Thank You to 3's&7's For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

traesnaidensdad
Old
Thanks Meter 128
I'm on 850d att model.....uggh....anyway thanks op fps change was good. I'm rooted,debloated and in development options switched to GPU and my phone is butter. Just my experience.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

TwinHeadedEagle
Old
Thanks Meter 234
I am new to G3, I rooted my phone, can you post some links to debloating procedure and what should be debloated. Thanks

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk