Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Double tap notification bar to unlock and lock

OP iDefalt

14th August 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #1  
iDefalt's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Queensland, Australia
Thanks Meter: 6
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Donate to Me
More
Just thought I'd share with you all a little something I found. You can double tap the notification bar to lock or unlock your phone, without needing to use the power button
14th August 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Or if you use Nova to set gestures double tap with screen off app. Same as LG launcher.
14th August 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 6
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDefalt

Just thought I'd share with you all a little something I found. You can double tap the notification bar to lock or unlock your phone, without needing to use the power button

Yep and you can even double tap an empty part of the homescreen to lock and unlock as well!

Its one of the features of the G3
Last edited by trickie69r; 14th August 2014 at 10:27 AM.
14th August 2014, 10:45 AM   |  #4  
sweets55's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 396
 
2,151 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
Double tap on/off with the G2, Flex and now G3 is one of the cool features LG has been doing.
Last edited by sweets55; 14th August 2014 at 10:48 AM.
14th August 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #5  
subwoffer13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bat Yam
Thanks Meter: 7
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lossah

Or if you use Nova to set gestures double tap with screen off app. Same as LG launcher.

hey , i cant find an option in nova setting to do that . im in gestures and theres only "nova actions" "apps" and shortcuts ... in none of them an option about turning screen off
14th August 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
187 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoffer13

hey , i cant find an option in nova setting to do that . im in gestures and theres only "nova actions" "apps" and shortcuts ... in none of them an option about turning screen off

Download Screen Off from the play store and set it to open this app when you double tap in Nova.
The Following User Says Thank You to Japultra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th August 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #7  
subwoffer13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bat Yam
Thanks Meter: 7
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japultra

Download Screen Off from the play store and set it to open this app when you double tap in Nova.

sweet , thanks
14th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #8  
Member
Charlottesville, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 6
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Tweaksbox also has a double tap home setting. I use that to turn off the screen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes