Double Tap to Turn Off Screen with 3rd Party Launcher

Search This thread

Japultra

Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I've seen a few people mention reluctance moving onto a 3rd party launcher because you lose the ability to turn off your screen by double tapping but there is a way you can do this with Nova and or other third party launchers with gesture controls.

1) Download a free app called Screen Off from Google Play and set it up
2) Set your Double Tap setting to launch Screen Off

Your screen will now turn off just as if you were using the LG launcher.

Reactions: ghedoicy

jroyjohnson

Jul 23, 2012
I've seen a few people mention reluctance moving onto a 3rd party launcher because you lose the ability to turn off your screen by double tapping but there is a way you can do this with Nova and or other third party launchers with gesture controls.

I have not been able to get the double tap gesture in nova to work at all. I've tried setting it to multiple different actions or apps, and no matter how fast or slow I double tap nothing happens. All other gestures work fine. For the time being I've settled with double swiping down to activate Screen Off.

Has anyone else had this problem with their G3 and Nova?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I have not been able to get the double tap gesture in nova to work at all. I've tried setting it to multiple different actions or apps, and no matter how fast or slow I double tap nothing happens. All other gestures work fine. For the time being I've settled with double swiping down to activate Screen Off.

Has anyone else had this problem with their G3 and Nova?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Look at my post above (post 6 in this topic) and click on the link I give.
This will take you to the topic where I mention what app to install and what actions you need to carry out in order to make it work.

Works fine for me. So far I have never pressed the power button on my G3.

Reactions: the_third

sherifbmw

Nov 25, 2007
The problem I am facing with nova, apex...etc that I have exchange security enabled by my employer, all the guesters and third party apps that i tried is locking the phone with the Pin not just shutting the screen, the double tab on the stock launcher shuts the screen but does not lock the phone.

Did anyone find a work around using third party launcher or app ?

Thanks

ranphi

Aug 24, 2009
KK Launcher is pretty comparable to Nova and Apex, and it has native support built into it to double-tap your screen to turn the screen off. I've been using this launcher with my Nexus 5 for a while now and have been quite happy with it (compared to Nova). (I'm supposed to get my G3 later today, so I can't speak as to how KK Launcher performs on it yet).

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
The problem I am facing with nova, apex...etc that I have exchange security enabled by my employer, all the guesters and third party apps that i tried is locking the phone with the Pin not just shutting the screen, the double tab on the stock launcher shuts the screen but does not lock the phone.

Thanks

That's exactly why I use the Touchdown app for my exchange mail. Don't have to worry about the exchange security requirement taking over my darn phone...

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Thanks

I believe the latest beta version of G3 TweaksBox has a setting to get around the security features when using Exchange. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2792242

Reactions: sherifbmw

JTNiggle

Jun 6, 2010
Pac NW
Seams like there are a lot of different ways that everyone has to do this.

For me, I have been using Tasker to get double tap off with Nova Launcher gestures since the G2. Tasker is such a great app with about a million uses, I highly recommend everyone check it out. I have it setup to auto connect to different wifi's depending on my location, adjust screen brightness/ringer volumes depending on the time of day, and many others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alternatively, and with no need for a third party app, just double tap the status (notifications) bar
    For me, I just have xposed>gravity box

and go to nova sett.>gestures(need prime)>double-tap>shortcuts>gravity box>screen off.

DONE.
    Action Launcher Pro supports Double Tap to lock screen feature.

Actually it doesn't (unless you're rooted maybe?)
    Gestures that you can setup in native Nova do not include screen off.

Correct.....
    The only way to do this is with a third-party app which I explained to everyone (thank you by the way for your thanks) in a different topic here.