OP hawkswind1

18th January 2015, 04:40 PM   |  #41  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 2

21 posts
More
Thanks for the guide
Hi

I did this modification to my g3 and the throttling on the device seems a lot more relaxed now than it was before.

I went from 45 degree Celsius Idle to 37., the CPU under load doesn't become as hot as before. Funny that my DRAM is Samsung :P

I used leftover thermal pads from my EK waterblocks.

Thank you and I will report if I receive issues.
18th January 2015, 05:50 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 9

73 posts
I' ve checked it again. The material underneath the mainboard is not metal. I think it's plastic.

And I tested two 0.5mm thermal pads stacked and the Wi-Fi speeds were horrible. 0.5 mm seems to be perfect to fit the gap.

But graphics results in AnTuTu aren't that high like on the HTC One M8 even with the pad. The SoC throttles too fast.
18th January 2015, 07:00 PM   |  #43  
Flag Cape Town

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-1

I' ve checked it again. The material underneath the mainboard is not metal. I think it's plastic.

And I tested two 0.5mm thermal pads stacked and the Wi-Fi speeds were horrible. 0.5 mm seems to be perfect to fit the gap.

But graphics results in AnTuTu aren't that high like on the HTC One M8 even with the pad. The SoC throttles too fast.

I just checked also, I have a previous screen(cracked) from my wifes g3 that was replaced and if i scratch the stuff with a philips underneath the Main PCB it gives of shiny scratches indicating that it is a metal composite.

It is also conductive.

18th January 2015, 08:23 PM   |  #44  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82

205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidKiller

I just checked also, I have a previous screen(cracked) from my wifes g3 that was replaced and if i scratch the stuff with a philips underneath the Main PCB it gives of shiny scratches indicating that it is a metal composite.

It is also conductive.

That's not the screen, it's the mid-frame
18th January 2015, 08:47 PM   |  #45  
Flag Cape Town

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkswind1

That's not the screen, it's the mid-frame

Well its the component ACQ87190301 and its the back of the screen and it comes as a whole when ordering of LG's GSFS system with the midframe attached. My bad for mis naming it as the back of the screen since its attached to it...
Last edited by AcidKiller; 18th January 2015 at 08:48 PM. Reason: capitalise..
18th January 2015, 08:54 PM   |  #46  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82

205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidKiller

Well its the component ACQ87190301 and its the back of the screen and it comes as a whole when ordering of LG's GSFS system with the midframe attached. My bad for mis naming it as the back of the screen since its attached to it...

Didn't mean for that to come across crotchety. Everything has been good for me, I'm the OP. Kinda forgot I even did this mod haha
19th January 2015, 08:33 AM   |  #47  
Flag Cape Town

21 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkswind1

Didn't mean for that to come across crotchety. Everything has been good for me, I'm the OP. Kinda forgot I even did this mod haha

haha, just trying to state that it was a composite anyway ;D

In any case when you downscale the resolution to the same as the HTC One M8 1920x1080 it runs about the same with the thermalpad mod. I got 44339 prior to the mod at 1920x1080.
19th January 2015, 12:12 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 9

73 posts
Wow, great score. In my last run I got about 45500 with 2,77 ghz on the cpu and 657 mhz on the gpu.
The best score was about 46200 points.

But why is the score lower with 1440p? That's not a real comparison in Antutu.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread