Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Fix for creaking battery cover.

5th August 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63

216 posts
More
I noticed my G3 creaked a lot when gripping it a certain way. I figured a little creaking is normal (coming from unibody HTC One m7). Checked my girlfriends g3 and it had no creaking whatsoever. Based on information from a different forum, i placed a folded up piece of paper between the battery and the battery door. This literally eliminated all creaking. I was concerned with the safety of this method so i removed it. After this i was playing with the battery cover and was able to bend it in ( so it's tight with the battery) and have virtually made it creak free!

Hope this helps anybody else whos OCD was nagging at them [emoji14]

UPDATE: Basically its caused by the battery being loose. Some batteries fit tighter than others. This can explain why some people have no creaking at all and others do.
Last edited by JeffyLube0; 6th August 2014 at 11:10 PM.
5th August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 406

1,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll give it a try.. The phone creaking was starting to irritate me
5th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 34

140 posts
Mine was rubbing against the volume/power button area when i pressed the area making an annoying creak sound. I sanded the inside lip of the back cover just a little bit with a small piece of nail file.
6th August 2014, 01:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 70

713 posts
Please tell me this is not true!

The G2 back cover also creaked and I hated it!
6th August 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

216 posts
More
I think the cause is that the battery is a little bit loose and when the phone is flexed the battery will rub. The only solution I've found to COMPLETELY eliminate the creak is with the folded paper trick...

Odd that my girlfriends G3 (white) is completely creak free.
6th August 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 592

696 posts
Donate to Me
If you feel it's the battery area, then try putting multiple pieces of electrical tape on the back of the battery. Therefore when you take off the back cover you don't have to worry about a card falling out.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to justinswidebody For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

216 posts
More
UPDATE: Any creaking you hear on your G3 is caused by the battery itself, NOT the phone or the battery door. I swapped batteries with my girlfriends G3 and I was not able to reproduce the creaking.

Basically its caused by the battery being loose. Some batteries fit tighter than others. This can explain why some people have no creaking at all and others do.

Regards
Last edited by JeffyLube0; 6th August 2014 at 11:09 PM.
7th August 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 139

324 posts
I used a thermal pad on my G2 to prevent creaking. You can get them in a variety of thicknesses, but usually a 0.5mm one is fine. Not only will it stop creaking, but it will also help remove heat from the battery.

Put the sticky side against the battery and leave the backing on the other side. Its not really that sticky, mores lightly tacky, so even if you remove all the backing it wont stick the back to the phone.

Something like these..

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Ph...lex_21070.html
8th August 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 37

845 posts
More
Mine is like a rock, no creaks at all ^_^ (unless I bend it, but that aint exactly real world usage..)My G2 creaked like mad though!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Last edited by leomd333; 8th August 2014 at 01:23 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread