Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone is slippery as hell

Tip us?

xlxcrossing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 305
Default Phone is slippery as hell

Just wanted to rant about this being the slipperiest phone I've ever had. Just dropped outside a training class for work. Thankfully I was using Spigen Slim Armor that cushioned the shock and only ended up with a knick on the case itself. I can literally grip this phone and have it slip through my hands.

JasonJoel
Old
Thanks Meter 183
If you have the slim armor on it, wouldn't it be the CASE that is slippery?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JasonJoel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Japultra
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel View Post
If you have the slim armor on it, wouldn't it be the CASE that is slippery?
LOL! I thought the same thing.

Joao Oliveira
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlxcrossing View Post
Just wanted to rant about this being the slipperiest phone I've ever had. Just dropped outside a training class for work. Thankfully I was using Spigen Slim Armor that cushioned the shock and only ended up with a knick on the case itself. I can literally grip this phone and have it slip through my hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japultra View Post
1st: Check your local supermarket. There are a lot of nice grease regulator sops available! they are nice for your hands making it soft and with good grip (This was only a joke!!)

2nd and now the serious part there are some pretty good back covers gives the phone a nice grip feelling

here are the two I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3710932024...84.m1497.l2649 gives you a nice sandblast type of feeling similar to the one you get on the one plus one!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1911997899...84.m1497.l2649 this a more plain hybrid case but also with good grip

Both are not finger print magnets as most of these cases are

zhzaen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Agreed, i cant believe more people aren't complaining about it, the sides and back are so slippery. The G2 was the same way. WTF?
The Following User Says Thank You to zhzaen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teddy0209
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japultra View Post
+1 =)
If you think I've helped, pressing thanks would be nice...

Phone: XAS
Rom: [JB 4.1.2] AndyJellyBean
Kernel: Doom Kernel
Bootloader Status: Unlocked

Tab: Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Rom: PAC Kitkat 4.4.4
Kernel: AK Kernel 109
Bootloader Status: Unlocked

oadam11
Old
Thanks Meter 370
I could understand how it is slippery. It is for me a bit but it's a lot better than my g2

Sent from my LG G3

lossah
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao Oliveira View Post
1st: Check your local supermarket. There are a lot of nice grease regulator sops available! they are nice for your hands making it soft and with good grip (This was only a joke!!)

2nd and now the serious part there are some pretty good back covers gives the phone a nice grip feelling

here are the two I bought

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3710932024...84.m1497.l2649 gives you a nice sandblast type of feeling similar to the one you get on the one plus one!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1911997899...84.m1497.l2649 this a more plain hybrid case but also with good grip

Both are not finger print magnets as most of these cases are
Really want the first one. But white. :/ Been searching alot but seems i cant find it. Had one for my S3.

00dahc
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Why all phones don't have a rubberish layer like the Nexus 5 or original HTC Evo 4G is beyond me.

Seems very stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to 00dahc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crzygrmn
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Lol you guys are s....p. Sorry.
Phone is not slippery. My g2 dropped many times as it was really slippery. But this one is perfect.
Oh yeah as some of you might not didnt read.
The op stated that he was using a slim armor case. SO TOTALLY STUPID RANT IF YOU ASK ME.

But who was asking me

Sent from my LG-D852 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00dahc View Post
Why all phones don't have a rubberish layer like the Nexus 5 or original HTC Evo 4G is beyond me.

Seems very stupid.
Because if they would have rubberish layer . they would complain it feels like a cheap nexus five, not like a flagship phone!!!

Sent from my LG-D852 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to crzygrmn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]