Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G3 Build quality thread

Tip us?

ladelfm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I have a few days left to return. I'm not sure if this visible digitizer is worth the hassle. Anyone else have the digitizer issues. On any white screen its quite apparent and very distracting. Looks like there's a semi transparent film over the screen

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

20degrees
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfm View Post
I have a few days left to return. I'm not sure if this visible digitizer is worth the hassle. Anyone else have the digitizer issues. On any white screen its quite apparent and very distracting. Looks like there's a semi transparent film over the screen

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Exchange it. Mine and my son's g3s are fine. I know our g2s had it though.

G3

splcfiya
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraker007 View Post
I think the device feels wonderful when im using it. But I do agree that one drop and this thing is gonna be in trouble.
I can confirm. Tmobile didnt have ANY accessories. So i overnighted a case from amazon. I was wearing basketball shorts and the phone slips out of my pocket and the screen shatters.. a nice 10 hours after i bought it. That's pretty disappointing. Back in my Evo days, my phones handled drops like a champ.

Loved the phone though.

rkirmeier
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjscott2005 View Post
Just got mine an hour ago. I'm coming from an S4. This phone feels cheap in comparison. I'm not sure if I'll get used to not having the true black that one gets with an AMOLED screen. But hey, it's only been an hour.:beer:

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
Exact opposite me! G3 feels and operates on a whole new level compared to my S4. Can't imagine going back!

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 829
This phone is absolutely awesome in every way. And this is coming from the guy who always buys a flagship device every 6 months since 2011.

Sent from my LG-D851

SomeGuyDude
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by splcfiya View Post
I can confirm. Tmobile didnt have ANY accessories. So i overnighted a case from amazon. I was wearing basketball shorts and the phone slips out of my pocket and the screen shatters.. a nice 10 hours after i bought it. That's pretty disappointing. Back in my Evo days, my phones handled drops like a champ.

Loved the phone though.
This is one of those hedgy areas. Some people dropped their phones ten times with no problems, others had immediate shatters. On the N5 forums you had some people that dropped it off a nightstand and broke it, mine landed on concrete a few times and just had some slight dings. I've seen iPhones look like they went through a nuclear attack when they just fell off a table and those are supposedly the ones made out of strong, luxury aluminium.

I just know I won't be chancing the G3 falling.
So punish me for weakness, blame me for everything.
I don't like suffering, I like the sympathy it brings.