Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Just got my G3, help me on my way!

OP YoungStarDC

29th July 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Zoetermeer
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just got my G3 and I am impressed so far. However, I would like to hear your tips, tricks and mods to get better performance and battery life!

I am currently not rooted and completely on stock. What do you recommend? Please let me and other new G3 owners know! [emoji41]

PS: I don't mind rooting, but I do want to keep the 2K and not switch to 1080p [emoji18]

Thanks!
29th July 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have a look in the battery and impressions thread in General, they pretty much cover all you asked.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th July 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 201

873 posts
Pinch in/out to change recent apps format.

Double tap notification bar to turn off on a custom launcher.

Press the 3 dots on the camera screen to take pictures by pressing the screen.
29th July 2014, 08:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 88

408 posts
Follow the lag solution thread. With ART it increased my performance alot. And i also get over 6h screen time. I dont think i sacrificed my battery time at all.
29th July 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,641

5,463 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungStarDC

I just got my G3 and I am impressed so far. However, I would like to hear your tips, tricks and mods to get better performance and battery life!

I am currently not rooted and completely on stock. What do you recommend? Please let me and other new G3 owners know! [emoji41]

PS: I don't mind rooting, but I do want to keep the 2K and not switch to 1080p [emoji18]

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La4p5W9SbbE
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Zoetermeer

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks both of you! Will be sure to give ART a time and check out that video. Anyone more suggestions!?
29th July 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 38

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungStarDC

Thanks both of you! Will be sure to give ART a time and check out that video. Anyone more suggestions!?

I've had my G3 for almost a month now (European D855 3/32GB), here are all the changes I did that had the most significant impact on performance:

* Rooted with Towelroot
* Frozen all bloat with Titanium Backup (all the LG apps plus a couple of other ones)
* Xposed + G3 TweaksBox for more control on the UI
* Nova Launcher with animations set to Faster than light
* Dev options: set all animations to 0.5
* Greenify installed as an Xposed module, then greenified everything that was causing unwanted wakelocks and/or notifications
* Kernel tweaks: Use trickster MOD and follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...tions-t2816188

I tried ART for a week, but found the difference was not really significant, so was back to Dalvik and Xposed after a week.
PS: I really love this phone now and it's butter-smooth, but it's a shame I had to do all of that, it should be great out of the box
Last edited by Protagoras; 29th July 2014 at 04:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Protagoras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Zoetermeer

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagoras

I've had my G3 for almost a month now (European D855 3/32GB), here are all the changes I did that had the most significant impact on performance:

* Rooted with Towelroot
* Frozen all bloat with Titanium Backup (all the LG apps plus a couple of other ones)
* Xposed + G3 TweaksBox for more control on the UI
* Nova Launcher with animations set to Faster than light
* Dev options: set all animations to 0.5
* Greenify installed as an Xposed module, then greenified everything that was causing unwanted wakelocks and/or notifications
* Kernel tweaks: Use trickster MOD and follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...tions-t2816188

I tried ART for a week, but found the difference was not really significant, so was back to Dalvik and Xposed after a week.
PS: I really love this phone now and it's butter-smooth, but it's a shame I had to do all of that, it should be great out of the box

Thanks for posting your list! I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to customization and optimization. I've never used either greenify or xposed on any Android phone I've owned either though I rooted all of them. I also never used trickster mod. Anyway, I'll be sure to study up on anything you posted, it's greatly appreciated![emoji41]
29th July 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 230

990 posts
How to get the most out of your brand spanking new G3
30th July 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Zoetermeer

40 posts
Donate to Me
More
Another question guys! I just installed Towelroot and when I press make it rain it says phone not supported. Am I doing something wrong? EDIT: Purpledrake WORKED
Last edited by YoungStarDC; 30th July 2014 at 03:54 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread