Originally Posted by YoungStarDC
Thanks both of you! Will be sure to give ART a time and check out that video. Anyone more suggestions!?
I've had my G3 for almost a month now (European D855 3/32GB), here are all the changes I did that had the most significant impact on performance:
* Rooted with Towelroot
* Frozen all bloat with Titanium Backup (all the LG apps plus a couple of other ones)
* Xposed + G3 TweaksBox for more control on the UI
* Nova Launcher with animations set to Faster than light
* Dev options: set all animations to 0.5
* Greenify installed as an Xposed module, then greenified everything that was causing unwanted wakelocks and/or notifications
* Kernel tweaks: Use trickster MOD and follow this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...tions-t2816188
I tried ART for a week, but found the difference was not really significant, so was back to Dalvik and Xposed after a week.
PS: I really love this phone now and it's butter-smooth, but it's a shame I had to do all of that, it should be great out of the box