ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to make the LG G3 smooth as butter

OP harveydwijs2

18th September 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 158

661 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paratox

did you freeze or uninstall it? was it "homescreen" in the tibu apps list?

Froze:

Home
Home selector
Home theme
LG Health
Easy home
Weather

I froze most other LG apps but I think those are the main ones that kill performance.
18th September 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 88

405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dawg

Froze:

Home
Home selector
Home theme
LG Health
Easy home
Weather

I froze most other LG apps but I think those are the main ones that kill performance.

Not any difference, as I thought.
25th September 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 5

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lossah

Dalvik lags alot. For alot of ppl. And not ART. Think youre the first one who says the opposit.

Well, switched dalvik to art and my phone was so laggy and my battery drain so fast and got hot with simple use. Returned to Dalvik and now everything is working properly... So Rare.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
26th September 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 8

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dawg

V10g-234-20

Apparently the latest for mine as it doesn't find any when searching.

My guess is that the review models had thermal throttling turned off by default, as well other limiters on the CPU turned off so the reviewers obtained higher scores. Shady practice..

My S2, N7 (2013), N4 and G3 all have very similar browsing performance. N5 blows them all away though, faster in pretty much all facets. I really want to get to the bottom of this poor sunspider score as it suggests something about the optimisation of the software/kernel. My bet is that a custom kernel tuned properly can fix it and really let the S801 stretch its legs instead of being handicapped as it is now. It's currently spending WAY too much time at 954Mhz.

Sorry for bumping, but I did sunspider test again today and thought of our little discussion.

I'm still on V10i and on stock browser I managed to get 530ms (which is really good score). Every other browser I tried did around 1000ms (which is bad). But After few runs even stock browser cant go under 900ms. More to the point. Ive been willing to ask if you did try diffrent setups of kernel?
26th September 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
Anyone tryed "Themer" launcher by MyColorScreen? Probably the best looking launcher for my Nexus 5 although its performance is inconsistent (it's still in beta)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread