Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G3 visible screen texture (LCD issue)?

Tip us?

ladelfm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default G3 visible screen texture (LCD issue)?

I'm contemplating returning the G3 but need to ask everyone who owns the model if your units suffer the same issue or if this is just an LCD issue in general. I'm comparing on white backgrounds this noise/textured pattern reminiscent to a digitizer somewhat that literally for me defeats the purpose of having a QHD screen since it's the only thing I notice. When looking at my S4 AMOLED there is no such issue, and I just checked out the HTC One M8 with its Super LCD 3 in store and it doesn't seem to have the issue. The Xperia Z2 does also have this effect as well. Can anyone comment on this, and tell me how does it not distract you if it is there since for me it is a deal breaker!

Kev13Dd
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I see it too- I just assumed it was my screen protector though...

K

transfo47
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I just realized this. I don't think a replacement will help. Seems like a panel problem. Until LG acknowledges this and ships out a fresh batch, I think I'll hold off on a replacement.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 999
I've seen this on every G3 so far that I've looked at. It's not the digitizer because you'd see that when the screen was off.
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 658
My AT&T variant doesn't have any visible digitizer pattern

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 2,339
i dont see it on mine either
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons
-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here
-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here
★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 999
Its very hard to see. It can be seen on a white or light grey background. It almost looks like pixelation. Hard to explain.
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

ladelfm
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enddo View Post
My AT&T variant doesn't have any visible digitizer pattern
It's not a digitizer pattern, definitely has to do with the lcd. Just reminded me of a weak digitizer annoyance. You have to look for it though but once you notice it you'll never unsee it
The Following User Says Thank You to ladelfm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfm View Post
It's not a digitizer pattern, definitely has to do with the lcd. Just reminded me of a weak digitizer annoyance. You have to look for it though but once you notice it you'll never unsee it
Seems like a vague statement. With the incredibly powerful cameras and even microscopes that can be done to really see these screens in detail, where is a picture of this 'visible screen texture'?

I can put the display all the way up against my face and can not see any texture you speak of. Please help to explain or at least show what you're talking about

Billy Madison
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfm View Post
The Xperia Z2 does also have this effect as well. Can anyone comment on this, and tell me how does it not distract you if it is there since for me it is a deal breaker!
OK do you have your G3 rooted? Probably you've got G3 with JDI panel, why don't you try to find it out and vote in that thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...turer-t2824310 ? Sony has also such patterns because they also use their own JDI panels.