G3 visible screen texture (LCD issue)?

OP ladelfm

27th July 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

41 posts
I'm contemplating returning the G3 but need to ask everyone who owns the model if your units suffer the same issue or if this is just an LCD issue in general. I'm comparing on white backgrounds this noise/textured pattern reminiscent to a digitizer somewhat that literally for me defeats the purpose of having a QHD screen since it's the only thing I notice. When looking at my S4 AMOLED there is no such issue, and I just checked out the HTC One M8 with its Super LCD 3 in store and it doesn't seem to have the issue. The Xperia Z2 does also have this effect as well. Can anyone comment on this, and tell me how does it not distract you if it is there since for me it is a deal breaker!
27th July 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Port Orchard
Thanks Meter: 48

97 posts
More
I see it too- I just assumed it was my screen protector though...

K
27th July 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 30

207 posts
I just realized this. I don't think a replacement will help. Seems like a panel problem. Until LG acknowledges this and ships out a fresh batch, I think I'll hold off on a replacement.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
27th July 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,010

4,954 posts
I've seen this on every G3 so far that I've looked at. It's not the digitizer because you'd see that when the screen was off.
27th July 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 671

1,517 posts
More
My AT&T variant doesn't have any visible digitizer pattern
27th July 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,396

3,411 posts
More
i dont see it on mine either
27th July 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #7  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,010

4,954 posts
Its very hard to see. It can be seen on a white or light grey background. It almost looks like pixelation. Hard to explain.
27th July 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enddo

My AT&T variant doesn't have any visible digitizer pattern

It's not a digitizer pattern, definitely has to do with the lcd. Just reminded me of a weak digitizer annoyance. You have to look for it though but once you notice it you'll never unsee it
The Following User Says Thank You to ladelfm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 671

1,517 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfm

It's not a digitizer pattern, definitely has to do with the lcd. Just reminded me of a weak digitizer annoyance. You have to look for it though but once you notice it you'll never unsee it

Seems like a vague statement. With the incredibly powerful cameras and even microscopes that can be done to really see these screens in detail, where is a picture of this 'visible screen texture'?

I can put the display all the way up against my face and can not see any texture you speak of. Please help to explain or at least show what you're talking about
27th July 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 223

951 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfm

The Xperia Z2 does also have this effect as well. Can anyone comment on this, and tell me how does it not distract you if it is there since for me it is a deal breaker!

OK do you have your G3 rooted? Probably you've got G3 with JDI panel, why don't you try to find it out and vote in that thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...turer-t2824310 ? Sony has also such patterns because they also use their own JDI panels.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread