Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G3 Has A Screen Mode

Tip us?

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeath View Post
Yes it has been disabled. Which settings you chose? There is a few types. I chose the Settings, KnockON, com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$KnockONSettingsSwitc hActivity
There are two KnockONs under settings, right? I chose both. When I turn KnockON off, I can't double tap to shut off the screen but I can double tap the screen while it's off to go into the lock screen. I'm on V10g.

ucraiova88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr View Post
There are two KnockONs under settings, right? I chose both. When I turn KnockON off, I can't double tap to shut off the screen but I can double tap the screen while it's off to go into the lock screen. I'm on V10g.
did you manage to turn knockon off also for opening the screen? i have the same issue as you do and it bugs me real good. i am using a quickcircle case and it keeps turning on in my pocket because of the knockon feature and i want to turn it off. do you have a resolution for this?

Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucraiova88 View Post
did you manage to turn knockon off also for opening the screen? i have the same issue as you do and it bugs me real good. i am using a quickcircle case and it keeps turning on in my pocket because of the knockon feature and i want to turn it off. do you have a resolution for this?
No, still can't turn KnockOn off. However, after updating to v10i, the KnockOn feature has indeed been substantially improved and now the screen almost never turns on by accidental KnockOns, so I guess this is a decent (and preferable) resolution for the problem.

ucraiova88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr View Post
No, still can't turn KnockOn off. However, after updating to v10i, the KnockOn feature has indeed been substantially improved and now the screen almost never turns on by accidental KnockOns, so I guess this is a decent (and preferable) resolution for the problem.
Hi,thanks for the answer. so far i have v10h. i don't want to flash it manually so i am waiting for the OTA. hope this will fix this because i really like the phone with the quickcircle case and i want to use it with it

Device: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2

KingOfDope
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
humm I also found this. I hope we get this working in the future
LG3 F400K

justinswidebody
Old
Thanks Meter 592

DONATE TO ME
If you download shortcut master and go to its search function, then search for knock on you will find a switch to turn on and off the knock on.