FORUMS

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

LG G3 Has A Screen Mode

28th August 2014, 08:22 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeath

Yes it has been disabled. Which settings you chose? There is a few types. I chose the Settings, KnockON, com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$KnockONSettingsSwitc hActivity

There are two KnockONs under settings, right? I chose both. When I turn KnockON off, I can't double tap to shut off the screen but I can double tap the screen while it's off to go into the lock screen. I'm on V10g.
 
 
8th September 2014, 02:16 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr

There are two KnockONs under settings, right? I chose both. When I turn KnockON off, I can't double tap to shut off the screen but I can double tap the screen while it's off to go into the lock screen. I'm on V10g.

did you manage to turn knockon off also for opening the screen? i have the same issue as you do and it bugs me real good. i am using a quickcircle case and it keeps turning on in my pocket because of the knockon feature and i want to turn it off. do you have a resolution for this?
9th September 2014, 08:05 AM |#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucraiova88

did you manage to turn knockon off also for opening the screen? i have the same issue as you do and it bugs me real good. i am using a quickcircle case and it keeps turning on in my pocket because of the knockon feature and i want to turn it off. do you have a resolution for this?

No, still can't turn KnockOn off. However, after updating to v10i, the KnockOn feature has indeed been substantially improved and now the screen almost never turns on by accidental KnockOns, so I guess this is a decent (and preferable) resolution for the problem.
9th September 2014, 08:22 AM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooterrr

No, still can't turn KnockOn off. However, after updating to v10i, the KnockOn feature has indeed been substantially improved and now the screen almost never turns on by accidental KnockOns, so I guess this is a decent (and preferable) resolution for the problem.

Hi,thanks for the answer. so far i have v10h. i don't want to flash it manually so i am waiting for the OTA. hope this will fix this because i really like the phone with the quickcircle case and i want to use it with it
9th September 2014, 04:44 PM |#35  
KingOfDope's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Emmeloord
Thanks Meter: 132
 
Donate to Me
More
humm I also found this. I hope we get this working in the future
9th September 2014, 05:11 PM |#36  
justinswidebody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Donate to Me
More
If you download shortcut master and go to its search function, then search for knock on you will find a switch to turn on and off the knock on.
28th December 2014, 01:17 AM |#37  
johnson9203's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hey justinswidebody
,,i cant get the 4.4 update,,,i believe its do to the process we used to get hotspot,,,,anyway to get it back to stock

Sent from my LG-LS995 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes