Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So have you managed to max out your G3

Tip us?

helikido
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Default So have you managed to max out your G3

I have been playing allot of games on my G3 and maxing the graphics settings to the max. I have had no frame rate issues on ultra setting with the most demanding games on the play store. Just for info, I play Dead Trigger 2, Riptide GP 2, Shadowgun, and other high end 3D games. I also play psp games upscaled to native resolution and most games play at full speed. Even God Of War. That is awesome.

I have yet to see the snapdragon 801 get bottlenecked by the 2k display playing even the highest level 3D games. Also the soc rarely throttles and I notice that the cpu cores do not all get utilized which tells me the 801 is more than adequate.

How about you guys? You can talk about anything. The thread is not centered around gaming. Thats just the most demanding thing I do on my phone. 😎

T-Mobile LG G3 here [emoji41]
The Following User Says Thank You to helikido For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4ndroid99
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I've noticed heavy throttling when I play games while the device is charging, which is understandable because the battery get quite hot while it charges.
AT&T LG G3 -- stock, rooted
Amazon Kindle Fire -- CyanogenMod 11
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 -- Google Edition ROM 4.4.4 -- retired

helikido
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ndroid99 View Post
I've noticed heavy throttling when I play games while the device is charging, which is understandable because the battery get quite hot while it charges.
Yeah when i play demanding games like dead trigger, after 10 minutes the cpu throttles to 1.5ghz max. That is only while charging. But no lag happens still. Besides it has to with 2 amps of current flowing in.