[MOD] Without ROOT get rid of LAG on G3!!!

Search This thread

stefan063

May 26, 2009
Kragujevac
www.chemco.rs
If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

1. Enter the following based on your device model:
3845#*855# (for International model)
3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
5689#*990# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to @ericdabbs SPRINT G3
Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013 VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...
5. Wait at least 10sec...
6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

!!! NEW ADDON !!! For more speed... Tested by me for 14 days... Everything went excellent! Follow these steps after you have done those above...

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number
2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF
3. Turn it ON
4. Turn OFF your G3.
5. Wait for around 30sec
6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it
7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff
8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

... BUT... Now that you have activated Thermal DAE you display will not lower screen brightness anymore. So if you put it to 90% it will stay 90%,if you put it to 100% it will stay there (be caution at 100%,test it)... I put mine to 80-90%,and never had G3 hot or misbehave strangely while playing games,recording 4k video,shooting pictures... Just one thing I noticed... IT IS BLAZING FAST :) :) :) Also you can test it after Clean Master clean up like by Antutu and see test results.

LAG-FREE G3

And of course you can buy me a BEER,Heineken :)

"NOTE" I am not responsible for any damage made to your phone!

P.S This is the same problem as on G2

Last edited:

who1981

Aug 24, 2010
Rainier OR
Sprint?

If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

3845#*8xx# - Your phone version

3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...

LAG-FREE G3

And of course you can buy me a RED BULL

I tried 3845#*990# as I have a Sprint G3, nothing happens...Ideas?

C0caC0la

Feb 2, 2010
Bucharest

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)

!!! Verizon and Sprint - don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...

LAG-FREE G3

How exactly this changing this option helps?

biustech

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
at g2 thread there are many people complaining about decreased battery life and reboots while charging, however they've noticed increase in performance. please keep an eye on your g3 and share your experience of a full day and while charging

Reactions: Enddo

awtryau89

Nov 25, 2008

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)

!!! Verizon and Sprint - don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...

LAG-FREE G3

Very nice hidden menus. I have a quick question. Are there particular settings in the menu for wireless charging? Thanks.

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I'm confused as to what this setting does. Does this turn CPU temperature throttling ON or OFF? According to TricksterMOD Temperature Throttle is OFF by default.

bdt1978

Nov 19, 2013
There is an awful lot of stuff in here anyone know what the other stuff does? Thx btw OP

radeonxt

Jan 1, 2008
I'm confused as to what this setting does. Does this turn CPU temperature throttling ON or OFF? According to TricksterMOD Temperature Throttle is OFF by default.

yup.
just wanna know the difference for thermal daemon mitigation and high temperature property.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

There is an awful lot of stuff in here anyone know what the other stuff does? Thx btw OP

yes.
just to name a few other interesting things:
dynamic lcd refresh on/off - enable/disable ; fixed fps test - options are enable 38fps 40 45 50 55 60fps

backlight value change - off (value 2027) ; on (value 1892)

Ghost401

Aug 10, 2010
Cranston
Where?

Sorry about the noob question but im new to LG, Where exactly do I input these numbers?
Thanks for the help, I cant seem to find it anywhere.

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
This method worked well on the LG G2.... And it's safe to do.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Sorry about the noob question but im new to LG, Where exactly do I input these numbers?
Thanks for the help, I cant seem to find it anywhere.

On the dial pad

Reactions: Ghost401

Ghost401

Aug 10, 2010
Cranston
This method worked well on the LG G2.... And it's safe to do.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

On the dial pad

Thanks I tried 3845#*985# and I get ( welcome to verizon wireless, your call cannot be completed as dialed) :( lol

My model number is VS98510B

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
    5689#*990# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to @ericdabbs SPRINT G3
    Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013 VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

3. Turn it ON...
    4. Turn G3 fully off...

!!! NEW ADDON !!! For more speed... Tested by me for 14 days... Everything went excellent! Follow these steps after you have done those above...

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number
    2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF
    3. Turn it ON
    4. Turn OFF your G3.
    5. Wait for around 30sec
    6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it
    7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff
    8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

... BUT... Now that you have activated Thermal DAE you display will not lower screen brightness anymore. So if you put it to 90% it will stay 90%,if you put it to 100% it will stay there (be caution at 100%,test it)... I put mine to 80-90%,and never had G3 hot or misbehave strangely while playing games,recording 4k video,shooting pictures... Just one thing I noticed... IT IS BLAZING FAST :) :) :) Also you can test it after Clean Master clean up like by Antutu and see test results.

LAG-FREE G3

And of course you can buy me a BEER,Heineken :)

Be careful

You all need to realize this does turn thermal throttling OFF. It is not off by default, switching it to "On" disables throttling. That's what the option does, it turns on not throttling. Make sense? Here's what I did to test.

Download CPU-Z from the play store and Antutu. With the switch set to "off: by default, run Antutu. While that's stress testing your CPU, open CPU-Z and check the current CPU frequency. 1.5-1.7ghz, maybe 2.0. However, turn the switch to the "On" position and do the same thing, you'll notice the CPU runs at its full 2.46 Ghz during the test.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me though, is while the phone throttles the CPU to 1.5Ghz, the temps are actually higher than they were at 2.46, but that may have been a coincidence. Thermal throttling on, (default) had the temps around 38 degrees Celsius, while thermal throttling off (set to the On position) reported 36 degrees. The phone felt hotter too while it was throttling. It's possible that while it throttles, the battery heats up while it's using more hardware resources, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Their thermal throttling system seems poorly optimized, which is why I am going to turn it off and hope my phone doesn't burst into flames.

That being said, I did notice a little performance increase when opening apps and multitasking. It's there, not a placebo (well not completely), I tested it multiple times. But be cautious about what you are doing to your phone. I know the G2 guys have had good luck with this for a while now, but we are running a slightly different SoC than they are.
    I am expecting a backlash Lol at lag... You all don't know your born!. Try living with a LG optimus 2x for 3/4 years and then you'll know lag.

I set you all a challenge and go back to a old 3 year old phone and then after a few weeks go back to the LG G3.. Guess what, no lag.

There are people dying around the world and all some people are worried about is 1 millisecond delay. I myself love tech but sometimes on these forums people need to realise nothing or no one is perfect.

End of rant and enjoy your LG G3 :)
    How do you adjust the refresh rate?
    Its in the hidden dailer menu. Its the last option called dynamic LCD refresh off/on.

Here a pic:
    byhetuve.jpg

When you press it, select screen fps and it should disable the dynamic fps system which causes mild stutters.

umujary8.jpg

60fps is smoother than any phone i have ever owned.
    I Enabled "Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF" for a couple minutes. The phone started warming up just sitting doing some light UI activities. Didn't notice any lag reduction and wasn't comfortable with how warm it was getting over light tasks so I disabled it again.