[MOD] Without ROOT get rid of LAG on G3!!!

Search This thread

NexusWarrior

May 22, 2014
Be careful

You all need to realize this does turn thermal throttling OFF. It is not off by default, switching it to "On" disables throttling. That's what the option does, it turns on not throttling. Make sense? Here's what I did to test.

Download CPU-Z from the play store and Antutu. With the switch set to "off: by default, run Antutu. While that's stress testing your CPU, open CPU-Z and check the current CPU frequency. 1.5-1.7ghz, maybe 2.0. However, turn the switch to the "On" position and do the same thing, you'll notice the CPU runs at its full 2.46 Ghz during the test.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me though, is while the phone throttles the CPU to 1.5Ghz, the temps are actually higher than they were at 2.46, but that may have been a coincidence. Thermal throttling on, (default) had the temps around 38 degrees Celsius, while thermal throttling off (set to the On position) reported 36 degrees. The phone felt hotter too while it was throttling. It's possible that while it throttles, the battery heats up while it's using more hardware resources, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Their thermal throttling system seems poorly optimized, which is why I am going to turn it off and hope my phone doesn't burst into flames.

That being said, I did notice a little performance increase when opening apps and multitasking. It's there, not a placebo (well not completely), I tested it multiple times. But be cautious about what you are doing to your phone. I know the G2 guys have had good luck with this for a while now, but we are running a slightly different SoC than they are.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
The default behaviour for this option is it will slow the CPU down when the phone gets hot in order to keep it cooler, by turning this off the phone will not do that, i.e. it will not do much to keep itself cool which means if you keep using it and it gets to the point where the phone thinks its too hot (doesn't seem to be a specific temperature, just depends on CPU load) the phone will shut itself off stating it is too hot.

My advice would be do not turn this option off, especially if you already think your device gets warm!

Reactions: dgw2jr and ant78

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
Don't know if I'm imagining things, but it feels like my battery has been draining a bit quicker ever since this mod. I'll have to test it a bit more intensively as I've only given it a few hours, but it sure feels that way.

I'll report back in a day or two.

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Don't know if I'm imagining things, but it feels like my battery has been draining a bit quicker ever since this mod. I'll have to test it a bit more intensively as I've only given it a few hours, but it sure feels that way.

I'll report back in a day or two.

Battery would drain quicker - this "mod" (I hate calling it a mod, its not a mod, its just a setting albeit a hidden one!) as the CPU will be staying at a higher clock rate, meaning the phone gets hotter

High CPU clocking and high temperatures are two things that will cause battery drain.

NexusWarrior

May 22, 2014
The default behaviour for this option is it will slow the CPU down when the phone gets hot in order to keep it cooler, by turning this off the phone will not do that, i.e. it will not do much to keep itself cool which means if you keep using it and it gets to the point where the phone thinks its too hot (doesn't seem to be a specific temperature, just depends on CPU load) the phone will shut itself off stating it is too hot.

My advice would be do not turn this option off, especially if you already think your device gets warm!

That's what I was trying to say (might have over complicated it a bit). But yes, the phone will shut off anyway at some point, but can obviously do some damage to the internals.

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
That's what I was trying to say (might have over complicated it a bit). But yes, the phone will shut off anyway at some point, but can obviously do some damage to the internals.

You guys are over reacting, this MOD has been around for a while on the G2 without any phones blowing up.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mark.m.moran

NexusWarrior

May 22, 2014
You guys are over reacting, this MOD has been around for a while on the G2 without any phones blowing up.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I'm saying it's entirely possible to damage something, not that it will happen. Remember, the G3 has a much larger screen at a higher resolution. The CPU can only handle so much before it overheats.. That being said, it most likely won't happen unless you literally have your screen on for hours on end with max brightness and some benchmark running in the background.

Think about a desktop computer. If you turn off thermal throttling, at some point you're going to fry the CPU or the power supply. Phones don't have fans or water to cool them down, so there's no telling if your battery will suddenly decide to overheat from too much CPU load.

Last edited:

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
He likely has an AT&T version which has Qi charging disabled. It supports powermet, not Qi. People have been looking for a way to enable Qi charging on the AT&T version.

You're not going to find it without some kind of an adapter. The hardware to support it was completely removed. The current support and wiring is different between Qi and powermatt.

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
Gonna keepnd ye on others results with this. The only thing I hate is giving up battery performance.

ajftl

Mar 30, 2010
Just disable all the graphic crap on developer option like I did and got rid of lag

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Its very annoying to have lag when u know this thing have all the power in the world but then lg is like Samsung. Full of crap

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Yep and this thing is getting hotter with that "mod" on. Turning it back to off. See no different anyway. I already had no lag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

1. Enter the following based on your device model:
    3845#*855# (for International model)
    3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
    3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
    5689#*990# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to @ericdabbs SPRINT G3
    Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013 VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
    3. Turn it ON...
    4. Turn G3 fully off...
    5. Wait at least 10sec...
    6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

!!! NEW ADDON !!! For more speed... Tested by me for 14 days... Everything went excellent! Follow these steps after you have done those above...

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number
    2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF
    3. Turn it ON
    4. Turn OFF your G3.
    5. Wait for around 30sec
    6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it
    7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff
    8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

... BUT... Now that you have activated Thermal DAE you display will not lower screen brightness anymore. So if you put it to 90% it will stay 90%,if you put it to 100% it will stay there (be caution at 100%,test it)... I put mine to 80-90%,and never had G3 hot or misbehave strangely while playing games,recording 4k video,shooting pictures... Just one thing I noticed... IT IS BLAZING FAST :) :) :) Also you can test it after Clean Master clean up like by Antutu and see test results.

LAG-FREE G3

And of course you can buy me a BEER,Heineken :)

"NOTE" I am not responsible for any damage made to your phone!

P.S This is the same problem as on G2
    Be careful

You all need to realize this does turn thermal throttling OFF. It is not off by default, switching it to "On" disables throttling. That's what the option does, it turns on not throttling. Make sense? Here's what I did to test.

Download CPU-Z from the play store and Antutu. With the switch set to "off: by default, run Antutu. While that's stress testing your CPU, open CPU-Z and check the current CPU frequency. 1.5-1.7ghz, maybe 2.0. However, turn the switch to the "On" position and do the same thing, you'll notice the CPU runs at its full 2.46 Ghz during the test.

One thing that doesn't make sense to me though, is while the phone throttles the CPU to 1.5Ghz, the temps are actually higher than they were at 2.46, but that may have been a coincidence. Thermal throttling on, (default) had the temps around 38 degrees Celsius, while thermal throttling off (set to the On position) reported 36 degrees. The phone felt hotter too while it was throttling. It's possible that while it throttles, the battery heats up while it's using more hardware resources, but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Their thermal throttling system seems poorly optimized, which is why I am going to turn it off and hope my phone doesn't burst into flames.

That being said, I did notice a little performance increase when opening apps and multitasking. It's there, not a placebo (well not completely), I tested it multiple times. But be cautious about what you are doing to your phone. I know the G2 guys have had good luck with this for a while now, but we are running a slightly different SoC than they are.
    I am expecting a backlash Lol at lag... You all don't know your born!. Try living with a LG optimus 2x for 3/4 years and then you'll know lag.

I set you all a challenge and go back to a old 3 year old phone and then after a few weeks go back to the LG G3.. Guess what, no lag.

There are people dying around the world and all some people are worried about is 1 millisecond delay. I myself love tech but sometimes on these forums people need to realise nothing or no one is perfect.

End of rant and enjoy your LG G3 :)
    How do you adjust the refresh rate?
    Its in the hidden dailer menu. Its the last option called dynamic LCD refresh off/on.

Here a pic:
    byhetuve.jpg

When you press it, select screen fps and it should disable the dynamic fps system which causes mild stutters.

umujary8.jpg

60fps is smoother than any phone i have ever owned.
    I Enabled "Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF" for a couple minutes. The phone started warming up just sitting doing some light UI activities. Didn't notice any lag reduction and wasn't comfortable with how warm it was getting over light tasks so I disabled it again.