Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OTA] D855- v10i impressions

Tip us?

Japultra
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasK View Post
Are you saying that 10i is snappier than the 10j?
I'm on 10j and I feel it's pretty good in terms of speed. It's just that I have intermittent wifi connectivity problems and recently something keeping the phone awake while causing batt drain.
The 10j that was/is going around is not a final build. The 10i build was received OTA so it's actually newer than the pre-final 10j. I think 10i might be just a bit more fluid than 10j, but probably not by any observable level. It just feelsthat way to me.

droidhd
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosam_sy View Post
My battery on 10i , 6 hours screen on , 19 hours standby
can u get more
and you are what, have screen on only, doing nothing? C'mon...
1st Android - HTC Desire HD
2nd Android - Sony Xperia Z
3rd Android - LG G3

Japultra
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhd View Post
Apparently, a few people have been getting around 4 hours of SoT around 50% battery. I have no idea how they are doing this as I can't even get close - not unless I literally leave the screen on for the first 4 hours after I take it off the charger at a very low (~0%) brightness.

hosam_sy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
just using it like normal people -_- without games , Facebook , Whatsapp , about 20 min call

lossah
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
It's definitely not possible if you run intensive games for a long time. Like 1h+, but if you just using the internet, fb etc and play some not so intensive games it's definitely possible. I'm reaching 6h+ easily with 50% brightness without auto but I'm not playing games that stress my cpu a lot.

Music maybe 8h, using tapatalk a lot, just surfing the web and play some light games sometimes.

I'm very satisfied with the battery life on this phone.

droidhd
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
Battery is perfect, thats true. But 6h of screen on is like to have it on 20% SB and really not to use it at all. 20 min of calls is nothing. Maybe you guys can get 6h SOT with few mins per day of fb, but screen time out set on 10min? So every time you open fb, you leave screen to turn it off by itself. Screen with showing me, that Android OS is second in battery usage, that means only screen is on, no usage or at minimum and your brightness is at minimum.

I consider myself as heavy user, I get 3.5 - 4h of SOT with 1.5 hours of that is playing COL2 and 30min of playing Farm Heroes Saga (playing in my free time, both of games). Rest of usage is for 1h of call time, around 20-100 sms (depends of a day what business i make) and some small things on web.
1st Android - HTC Desire HD
2nd Android - Sony Xperia Z
3rd Android - LG G3

lossah
Old
Thanks Meter 39
30sec screen timeout. :P and it's not like I just turn my screen on doing nothing. :P

COL, guess it's a cpu intensive game? :P