Ask a question

No registration required

Photographer's perspective on the LG G3

OP supposedmonster

28th July 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

35 posts
And thanks for the people trying to mellow stuff out...this is my first post, and I was like yikes.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #42  
Flag Backwardsville, NC
Thanks Meter: 11

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedmonster

But set a low iso, lean it on something and set a timer so the longer exposure doesn't blur everything, and you've got a clean image.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep, and combine that with the good sensor (sony?) and good glass (sony?) of the G3 and you have a capable camera.
I just got my G3 today, installed FV-5, and I'm impressed. No, this thing isn't even going to compare to my old 4 MP Canon G2, but it does produce usable photos and videos.

I wonder how good the glass is on the front face camera?
Could be interesting since it does have an F-stop of 2.0, but I'm guessing the glass is crap.
29th July 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #43  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoman

I wonder how good the glass is on the front face camera?
Could be interesting since it does have an F-stop of 2.0, but I'm guessing the glass is crap.

Hrm, I'm not sure. Makes sense that they used a faster lens for the front - more resolution hides noise when downscaled, so a 2.1 megapixel shooter would probably encounter more noise problems. Lens is only part of the story though - the lens on the front is tiny though, which means that the sensor is similarly smaller, so you'd probably be better off using the back! But who knows, maybe you'll get some good results.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread