Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with bloatware after installing ROM from different country

Tip us?

kmatisic
Old
(Last edited by kmatisic; 26th July 2014 at 08:00 PM.) Reason: Explanation in detail
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Problem with bloatware after installing ROM from different country

Hi!

Yesterday I tried on my G3 855 to install various firmwares from different regions in Europe.
Tried Italian 10G, Europe Open 10E, German 10A, French 10A.

some of them I installed via TOT file and some via KDZ. Similar and simple way both of them. Every of them had some bloatware.

PROBLEM!
Every of that different firmwares worked OK but what happened...when installed UK rom i got BLOATWARE from ORANGE telecom.
After that I erased that one and installed another EU rom and I got TELENOR bloatware.
After that i installed new ITALIAN 10G rom and I got VODAFONE + bloatware from every rom that was before on my LG....
Before new rom I always fully erased memory.

What the hell?
After first initialisation of every ROM my LG automatically downloads all the bloatware from the past roms. So now i am having Vodafone, Orange, Telenore end etc. bloatware that I cannot remove.

Also after rom reinstalling after first initialisation again bloatware is automatically installed.
HELP!

Thank you

leomd333
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmatisic View Post
Hi!

Yesterday I tried on my G3 855 to install various firmwares from different regions in Europe.
Tried Italian 10G, Europe Open 10E, German 10A, French 10A.

some of them I installed via TOT file and some via KDZ. Similar and simple way both of them. Every of them had some bloatware.

PROBLEM!
Every of that different firmwares worked OK but what happened...when installed UK rom i got BLOATWARE from ORANGE telecom.
After that I erased that one and installed another EU rom and I got TELENOR bloatware.
After that i installed new ITALIAN 10G rom and I got VODAFONE + bloatware from every rom that was before on my LG....
Before new rom I always fully erased memory.

What the hell?
After first initialisation of every ROM my LG automatically downloads all the bloatware from the past roms. So now i am having Vodafone, Orange, Telenore end etc. bloatware that I cannot remove.

Also after rom reinstalling after first initialisation again bloatware is automatically installed.
HELP!

Thank you
Ahh this issue! It happend to me with any KDZ. If i flashed without the sim in, as soon as i insert it and reboot BOOM 40 apps start installing, wallpaper changes etc The eaisest fix is to flash the Sphinx ROM. It seems to somehow debloat and un brand our device even after a kdz flash. Even if i flash the three uk kdz, my g3 remains unbranded.
Current Device: LG G3

Previous Devices: LG G2, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note, Sony Xperia U, ZTE Skate/Orange Monte Carlo, BlackBerry 8520, LG KS360, LG Cookie, LG Chocolate, Sony Ericsson K750i.
The Following User Says Thank You to leomd333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 249
@kmatisic

root then Look in the /data/.OP folder for a carrier folder and delete it then the bloatware will be no more.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button
The Following User Says Thank You to suljo94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kmatisic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I installed SPHINX and with this rom no bloatware. good.
After that i reinstalled stock rom. I thought that all the bloatware will not come back.

But...after initializing, 102 application automatically started to download. More that 100 bloatware apps!!! Again...

From where they are downloaded? Like LG is looking my IMEI number and says OK for this IMEI lets start to download 100+ useless apps.

So it looks that I am stuck with bloatware if wanted to use stock rom. I tried erasing via root but again they are back with any kind of rom update or etc.

I really do not understand anymore.

thx

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
I installed SPHINX and with this rom no bloatware. good.
After that i reinstalled stock rom. I thought that all the bloatware will not come back.

But...after initializing, 102 application automatically started to download. More that 100 bloatware apps!!! Again...

From where they are downloaded? Like LG is looking my IMEI number and says OK for this IMEI lets start to download 100+ useless apps.

So it looks that I am stuck with bloatware if wanted to use stock rom. I tried erasing via root but again they are back with any kind of rom update or etc.

I really do not understand anymore.

thx
Just delete the carrier folder under /data/.OP
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones
Sony Ericsson T28s, Nokia 8210, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6100, Samsung V200, Samsung D500, Sharp 802, HTC Diamond, LG Viewty, LG Prada, Orange SPV, HTC HD2, Nexus One, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Nexus S, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 (LOST), iPhone 5S

kmatisic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleski75 View Post
Just delete the carrier folder under /data/.OP
Do I need to delete this folder after all the bloatware is installed and then to maybe reinstall rom again or?

Thx very much

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Do I need to delete this folder after all the bloatware is installed and then to maybe reinstall rom again or?

Thx very much
Try just doing a reboot on the phone first after deleting it but from memory I think it only works if flashing/wiping again.
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones
Sony Ericsson T28s, Nokia 8210, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6100, Samsung V200, Samsung D500, Sharp 802, HTC Diamond, LG Viewty, LG Prada, Orange SPV, HTC HD2, Nexus One, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, Nexus S, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 (LOST), iPhone 5S

Joao Oliveira
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:

Thx very much
Do not delete the entire .OP folder. There's LG stuff in there that needed to be installed. Just look inside the folder for the folder containing all the bloatware and delete that one alone. It's easy to spot has all the bloatware apk files inside Normaly the name resembles to carrier names.

Then do a factory resert and all bloatware will be gone (you can re-install firmware just in case )

daleski75
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao Oliveira View Post
Do not delete the entire .OP folder. There's LG stuff in there that needed to be installed. Just look inside the folder for the folder containing all the bloatware and delete that one alone. It's easy to spot has all the bloatware apk files inside Normaly the name resembles to carrier names.

Then do a factory resert and all bloatware will be gone (you can re-install firmware just in case )
I made that mistake once by deleting the entire folder... never again.
Current Phone
LG G3 16Gb

Past Phones

kmatisic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao Oliveira View Post

Thank you.

But. Ok i am rooted. I am having root explorer. I found data in root...but where is .op folder? I cannot find it

Thx