Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your setting of color correction

Tip us?

partylikeaninjastar
Old
Thanks Meter 179
The point of the thread is to give people an idea of what others are using to compare or to give others a starting point.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

manaox2
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Here's mine. I'm very happy with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to manaox2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fir3blade
Old
Thanks Meter 713
I would rather prefer a tool to set the white level of the screen.
Compared my G3 to the wife's G2 today, my screen is very pinkish, hers is a perfect white, this is the only concern I do have with my G3

DylanMk2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So one thing I have noticed is vertical adjustments change black and white and horizontal adjustments change color. Try making a setting and toggle on and off to compare, i like to go through my app drawer to see if the dark colors are too shaded. Another thing i do is use a reference like xda in chrome to see if the brown and yellow theme looks like it does on my laptop for a good consistency and nice deep color. I'm sitting at the camera icon as well but thought I'd share some ideas on testing and using visual references on things you've seen across different displays to know correct color tones.

LeoRex
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Horizontal does hue..... which will more or less completely screw up your phone's color balance

Vertical does the contrast. Go into your laptop display or monitor and crank the contrast, your colors will start to haze and wash out a bit. Dropping it a smidge should make the blacks a bit more, well, black and your colors pop a little bit more.

It's be much nicer to have granular controls of the different colors... but at least this is something.

DylanMk2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
Horizontal does hue..... which will more or less completely screw up your phone's color balance

Vertical does the contrast. Go into your laptop display or monitor and crank the contrast, your colors will start to haze and wash out a bit. Dropping it a smidge should make the blacks a bit more, well, black and your colors pop a little bit more.

It's be much nicer to have granular controls of the different colors... but at least this is something.
Thanks for clearing up the hue and contrast part. I was going off of what i saw from trial and error and wasn't 100% sure of the effects of hue and contrast.

LeoRex
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMk2 View Post
Thanks for clearing up the hue and contrast part. I was going off of what i saw from trial and error and wasn't 100% sure of the effects of hue and contrast.
Yeah.... Hue is better known as "Why the F does my screen look like a smurf on an acid trip puked on my screen?" Any adjustment to that needs to be extremely fine and each color needs to be discrete. An all-in-one slider is about as useful as that HUE knob that us old-timers used to have on our televisions. Made everything look like a cheesy alternative music video from the early 80's.

TheStickMan
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Doesn't this affect the entire screen and the whole phone? Apps included?