DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Your setting of color correction

OP streilu

1st August 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #11  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 192

818 posts
More
The point of the thread is to give people an idea of what others are using to compare or to give others a starting point.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
1st August 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 40

282 posts
More
Here's mine. I'm very happy with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to manaox2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 754

1,603 posts
I would rather prefer a tool to set the white level of the screen.
Compared my G3 to the wife's G2 today, my screen is very pinkish, hers is a perfect white, this is the only concern I do have with my G3
1st August 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #14  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 19

32 posts
More
So one thing I have noticed is vertical adjustments change black and white and horizontal adjustments change color. Try making a setting and toggle on and off to compare, i like to go through my app drawer to see if the dark colors are too shaded. Another thing i do is use a reference like xda in chrome to see if the brown and yellow theme looks like it does on my laptop for a good consistency and nice deep color. I'm sitting at the camera icon as well but thought I'd share some ideas on testing and using visual references on things you've seen across different displays to know correct color tones.
1st August 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #15  
Flag Leominster MA
Thanks Meter: 136

320 posts
Donate to Me
More
Horizontal does hue..... which will more or less completely screw up your phone's color balance

Vertical does the contrast. Go into your laptop display or monitor and crank the contrast, your colors will start to haze and wash out a bit. Dropping it a smidge should make the blacks a bit more, well, black and your colors pop a little bit more.

It's be much nicer to have granular controls of the different colors... but at least this is something.
1st August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #16  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 19

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRex

Horizontal does hue..... which will more or less completely screw up your phone's color balance

Vertical does the contrast. Go into your laptop display or monitor and crank the contrast, your colors will start to haze and wash out a bit. Dropping it a smidge should make the blacks a bit more, well, black and your colors pop a little bit more.

It's be much nicer to have granular controls of the different colors... but at least this is something.

Thanks for clearing up the hue and contrast part. I was going off of what i saw from trial and error and wasn't 100% sure of the effects of hue and contrast.
1st August 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #17  
Flag Leominster MA
Thanks Meter: 136

320 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMk2

Thanks for clearing up the hue and contrast part. I was going off of what i saw from trial and error and wasn't 100% sure of the effects of hue and contrast.

Yeah.... Hue is better known as "Why the F does my screen look like a smurf on an acid trip puked on my screen?" Any adjustment to that needs to be extremely fine and each color needs to be discrete. An all-in-one slider is about as useful as that HUE knob that us old-timers used to have on our televisions. Made everything look like a cheesy alternative music video from the early 80's.
8th August 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 61

376 posts
More
Doesn't this affect the entire screen and the whole phone? Apps included?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread