Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,530 Members 42,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

transform SEA model to EUR model

Tip us?

zapford
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmuelw View Post
I do own SEA 32GB phone but it is general SEA unbranded so no Star-Hub apps and it does have LTE / 4G which is auto activated. Try to flash this rom and it might solve the issue as it is still SEA rom.
Hello, which ROM should i flash? I have an AME phone with no LTE in the options, i want to use in Russia...we have LTE here.

saud__19
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
I do own SEA 32GB phone but it is general SEA unbranded so no Star-Hub apps and it does have LTE / 4G which is auto activated. Try to flash this rom and it might solve the issue as it is still SEA rom.
Yes my device is unbranded Eur version. but still no luck to instal AME kdz. as what i mention before the only solution is the leaked i kdz.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapford View Post
Hello, which ROM should i flash? I have an AME phone with no LTE in the options, i want to use in Russia...we have LTE here.
try the leaked i kdz.

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
already tried to flash
V10G-GLOBAL-SI (and also "i" version, leaked one...) but no lte... and all apps for singapore market (starhub, m1, ...)

maneck35
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I recently did this for a friend. He had an SEA 10e firmware on his G3 and I flashed the 10g italian firmware to his phone without any problems. He wasn't getting 4G on Vodafone UK earlier, but after flashing the new firmware, he gets it. I've seen a couple of people doing this as well. I just followed the guides posted here to flash the firmwares.

jah
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by maneck35 View Post
I recently did this for a friend. He had an SEA 10e firmware on his G3 and I flashed the 10g italian firmware to his phone without any problems. He wasn't getting 4G on Vodafone UK earlier, but after flashing the new firmware, he gets it. I've seen a couple of people doing this as well. I just followed the guides posted here to flash the firmwares.
Any one know why these D855 devices from different regions cannot be used in other regions for LTE? I wonder if this is like the region lock on the Note 3 to allow Samsung to restrict warranty cover?
Jah (Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, SIII, Note II, Note I, Note 3 , Note 8, Note 10.1, Flyer, Galaxy Tab, Dell Streak, HTC One/M7, HD7, HD2 & TyTn II. Nokia E5, E6, E7, E75, E90 & N97. Palm Pro, Pre, Pre 3 & Touchpad)

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
no way to enable LTE...
now i have V10i-GLOBAL-SI

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah View Post
Any one know why these D855 devices from different regions cannot be used in other regions for LTE? I wonder if this is like the region lock on the Note 3 to allow Samsung to restrict warranty cover?

it seems to be locked by "ltesettings.apk" background app...
i'm not sure, but every g3, could be used with every lte band...
The Following User Says Thank You to DYNAMIC+ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DYNAMIC+
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
any other idea?
(i cannot root device)

if i cant resolve i have to change device...

maneck35
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm not sure why you can't enable LTE. Maybe it's carrier dependent or maybe not. If you're not happy I'd suggest switching your device.

shmuelw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I'm not sure why you can't enable LTE. Maybe it's carrier dependent or maybe not. If you're not happy I'd suggest switching your device.
with regrets i just sold my G3 and purchased S5 which i can flash any rom i like from any region.