[Q] Google Maps doesn't show accurate position

Search This thread

alfablac

Jun 26, 2012
I'll try to be very short.
Sygic locates GPS+Data very fast, less than 5 seconds, I think, with very good accuracy.
Google Maps doesn't point my exact location, even after minutes. Only shows me a region of 20km radius with a center like >1km from my actual position. On GPS or GPS+Data.
WTH is wrong with this app?

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Ive had that happen before on my note 3. It's was just a bug in the app. Have you tried device GPS only? Also try clearing the cache and data in google maps to see if that helps.

xRamz

Aug 14, 2013
Melbourne

alfablac

Jun 26, 2012
I tried this one after I realized that my GPS was too slow. Sygic was fixing after minutes too.
But than, put the right settings on FasterGPS and it worked flawlessly.
But Google Maps didn't work. Tried data and cache clearing and nothing. I guess I will have to live with this bug.

So .. None of this tweaks worked. I'm really worried about this thing. There are a lot of apps that use Maps API for positioning. If anybody has a trick on this area please let me know.

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
What does app gps test say, how long to get a fix? How many satellites do you see, are using?

alfablac

Jun 26, 2012
What does app gps test say, how long to get a fix? How many satellites do you see, are using?

After a few seconds:
xwYEFPl.jpg

Still Maps shows me a 20km radius circle after a few minutes.
This happens on Maps and apps that use Maps API like mandicmagic
Sygic which is my GPS app fixes as fast as GPS test

sasquatch1

Oct 2, 2008
Do you use a privacy app App Ops? For a long time I couldn't get Maps to pin point me. I wouldn't even get the little ! Shape in the left hand corner. Then I went back in to App Ops and found that I had turned off the location settings for Google Play services and Google Search I believe. Once I turned those back on I was able to get a lock in seconds.

Sent from my tf700t using Tapatalk

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
mine was taking a while also until i uninstalled maps, cleared all data, and use the gps app to reset the gps. it is much faster now, but it does take a good 2-5 seconds to get accurate position.

alfablac

Jun 26, 2012
Do you use a privacy app App Ops? For a long time I couldn't get Maps to pin point me. I wouldn't even get the little ! Shape in the left hand corner. Then I went back in to App Ops and found that I had turned off the location settings for Google Play services and Google Search I believe. Once I turned those back on I was able to get a lock in seconds.

Sent from my tf700t using Tapatalk

:good::good::good::good:
Damn it! Second time I had a problem due to App Ops. lol
Thanks for point me out Google Play Services. I thought that enabling for Google Maps would have been enough and
GPServices have gotten lost on the bottom of App Ops list due to the previous disabling.
The problem is that with Google Play Services Location enabled any app could call Maps and drain the battery.
Will check if this will affect battery life. not sure.

thanks!

sasquatch1

Oct 2, 2008
Thanks for point me out Google Play Services. I thought that enabling for Google Maps would have been enough and
GPServices have gotten lost on the bottom of App Ops list due to the previous disabling.
The problem is that with Google Play Services Location enabled any app could call Maps and drain the battery.

thanks!

That's why I disabled it the first time. I was getting crazy wake locks from it too. But since I've reactivated the location services I haven't really noticed and abnormal battery drain.

Reactions: pwichhart

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks!

That's why I disabled it the first time. I was getting crazy wake locks from it too. But since I've reactivated the location services I haven't really noticed and abnormal battery drain.