[Q] 10j firmware impressions thread

Search This thread

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011
Hey guys.

Yesterday I installed leaked 10j firmware and I am really impressed how it works. It feels much more fluid and responsive, but I am not sure if it is because of fresh install or it really is that better.

Could you share your impressions about this version? What key differences do you see?

If you haven't installed it yet here is the dl link: https://mega.co.nz/#!wFZnnToR!24jSLOsVvFnBspQr7wO5sH1fWwDKG1j6SMh3v2MWTOo
passwords is lgbbs

Now I feel like my G3 runs how it should since day one:D

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Hey guys.

Yesterday I installed leaked 10j firmware and I am really impressed how it works. It feels much more fluid and responsive, but I am not sure if it is because of fresh install or it really is that better.

Could you share your impressions about this version? What key differences do you see?

If you haven't installed it yet here is the dl link: https://mega.co.nz/#!wFZnnToR!24jSLOsVvFnBspQr7wO5sH1fWwDKG1j6SMh3v2MWTOo
passwords is lgbbs

They disabled the adaptive lcd refresh and set it to a fixed 60fps so that's why it's more fluid and responsive ;)

Battery life is good so far for me (after deleting robird which was hammering the battery)

misiokicio

Jul 4, 2010
Bathgate
anybody notice any signal reception improvement in 10j ? there was some reports regarding 10i... i just wonder if 10j is the same? cheers

Curleyyy

Mar 13, 2014

Just a question, how does installing these updates go if we've rooted and spent hours tweaking little things like app icons and status bars? I'm interested in the updates, but will we receive them OTA or do they have to be manually, and if installed will they remove anything? I've read that you can manually disable OTA but I've also read that when rooting it automatically removes that ability. So I'm confused on the topic. Sorry for the silly question.

cabtouch

May 22, 2008
Curitiba
Just a question, how does installing these updates go if we've rooted and spent hours tweaking little things like app icons and status bars? I'm interested in the updates, but will we receive them OTA or do they have to be manually, and if installed will they remove anything? I've read that you can manually disable OTA but I've also read that when rooting it automatically removes that ability. So I'm confused on the topic. Sorry for the silly question.

As 10j is a test version, you would have to install it by using a tool with a computer and it is safer to do that with a clear installation, i.e., without maintaing your configurations.

Of course there are backup and restore tools you can use. But even with those some rework can be necessary.

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia

First, off if you are Rooted = You will not receive OTA's. These downloads are TOT files unless otherwise noted, if otherwise noted they would be KDZ files. With TOT files you will need to use LGFlashTool to install it. As a general note download the TOT and extract it-> also find a copy of the dll file for your device and load both into LGFlashTools and run it. Device in download mode, plug and run (I'm sure you know steps...) Just remember that basically, by Rooting your device you have disabled OTA's, if you want to reset your device just do a Factory Data Reset. Also, if you're interested in searching for Firmware, I put together this thread which I hope it helps; http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/firmware-updates-available-to-download-t2844227 .

crni6

Sep 13, 2010
Oooo, thx I did not realize.[emoji1]

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
First, off if you are Rooted = You will not receive OTA's. These downloads are TOT files unless otherwise noted, if otherwise noted they would be KDZ files. With TOT files you will need to use LGFlashTool to install it. As a general note download the TOT and extract it-> also find a copy of the dll file for your device and load both into LGFlashTools and run it. Device in download mode, plug and run (I'm sure you know steps...) Just remember that basically, by Rooting your device you have disabled OTA's, if you want to reset your device just do a Factory Data Reset. Also, if you're interested in searching for Firmware, I put together this thread which I hope it helps; http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/firmware-updates-available-to-download-t2844227 .

As long as you didn't unlock your bootloader which isn't even possible yet you will receive OTA updates. With the last two updates even root has remained. As long you didn't change your recovery you will even be able to install the OTA updates.

Blaster1984

Sep 14, 2012
Hey, I have the F400S and I just got the update, it updated to 10k, is this the latest for my g3?

justbenice

Feb 15, 2008
Ok. I was using 10F , and it terrible , it was lag, slow. Upgraded to 10J yesterday and this is the best rom so far. Smooth, fast and look like better battery life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As long as you didn't unlock your bootloader which isn't even possible yet you will receive OTA updates. With the last two updates even root has remained. As long you didn't change your recovery you will even be able to install the OTA updates.
    Hey guys.

passwords is lgbbs

On every update (kinda) ppl say "no more lag". Guess im the only one who cant see a difference at all. :p
    A few people in this thread have asked about the 16gb version, and had no reply so I will give you one.

It seems that if you have the 16gb phone you can flash roms for the 16gb and the 32gb version.

if you own the 32gb version you can only flash roms for the 32gb version.