Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 52,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 16GB or 32GB?

Tip us?

noitide
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] 16GB or 32GB?

hi all,

i currently own a Galaxy s3 and i would like to switch to LG G3, but i'm a bit confused about the two different version of the device. The additional 1 GB of ram with has the 32GB worth the much money they want? And what about the modders that have bought the phone: it is going to be a great modding support (like my gs3 has)? and if i buy the 32gb version, can i install rom created for the 16gb version or i have to wait for someone to "convert" them? thank you in advance

Protagoras
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noitide View Post
hi all,

i currently own a Galaxy s3 and i would like to switch to LG G3, but i'm a bit confused about the two different version of the device. The additional 1 GB of ram with has the 32GB worth the much money they want? And what about the modders that have bought the phone: it is going to be a great modding support (like my gs3 has)? and if i buy the 32gb version, can i install rom created for the 16gb version or i have to wait for someone to "convert" them? thank you in advance
16 and 32GB version share the same version number and firmware, so I think any mod for one will apply to the other as well.
Now the question whether it's worth the money difference is subjective of course, you have to weight how much 16gb of internal storage is valuable to you (bearing in mind you can add additional storage with an SD card although of course it's not the same). It is valuable to me as I install a lot of games and I don't want to have to find workaround to move them to the SD card which is slower, so I got the 32gb version, but I don't think the extra 1gb RAM is making much of a difference. I have zero problem with mine and am very happy with it, I guess I would still be happy with the 16gb version.
The Following User Says Thank You to Protagoras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bink Feed
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Choose 32GB

Sent From A Samsung Galaxy S2 With Fusion ROM
Whenever you look to the stars, think of one of them as my soul.

Devices:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

ROM: ACIP / WizzedKat

KERNEL: Dorimanx

MODS: PurePerformance & ViperAudio

Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 1 - Alcatel OT995 - Polaroid PRO 4006 - BITT GamePad .

Developed ( Stable ) Apps:

Smooth Browser LTD: See app here
The Following User Says Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noitide
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagoras View Post
16 and 32GB version share the same version number and firmware, so I think any mod for one will apply to the other as well.
Now the question whether it's worth the money difference is subjective of course, you have to weight how much 16gb of internal storage is valuable to you (bearing in mind you can add additional storage with an SD card although of course it's not the same). It is valuable to me as I install a lot of games and I don't want to have to find workaround to move them to the SD card which is slower, so I got the 32gb version, but I don't think the extra 1gb RAM is making much of a difference. I have zero problem with mine and am very happy with it, I guess I would still be happy with the 16gb version.
well, actually the problem isn't the internal memory (i don't play games with my phone) but the ram, because i don't change phones that often (once in two years) and i'm afraid that "only" two gigs of ram could make my phone obsolete before the "planned" two-years use.
thank again for replies