16GB Model vs 32GB Model

20th July 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello, I just wanted to ask a simple question.

I'm debating between buying a 16GB model or a 32GB model, the European version, that is.
Since the difference is not only in storage, but also in available memory (2GB/16GB vs 3GB/32GB) I wanted to know if there was any noticeable difference in performance between those two, something that should make me think of getting the more powerful version.

Aside from that, a minor question that I probably have answered already: do both versions come with QI wireless charging onboard? Or it's just a 32gb feature? As far as I know, they both come with that feature built-in, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks for all the future replies.
20th July 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Diepenheim
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
I can not inform you about the performance differences between the 16 aand 32GB versions.
Owning a 16GB EU (NL) G3, however, I can confirm that at least my EU 16 GB model has a QI interface on board.
No complaints on performace here btw...
20th July 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 278

3,126 posts
If a gamer, the biggest issue is when L hits, ART requires 25% more storage and 1gb more free than Dalvik. That is a huge storage hit and functionally turns the 16gb into a 12gb model.

When L releases, 16gb devices are near futile for anybody that plays games on their device beyond card type games.
20th July 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 299

1,227 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushless

If a gamer, the biggest issue is when L hits, ART requires 25% more storage and 1gb more free than Dalvik. That is a huge storage hit and functionally turns the 16gb into a 12gb model.

When L releases, 16gb devices are near futile for anybody that plays games on their device beyond card type games.

I seriously wouldn't recommended this phone for games. You are better of with something like the One plus one.

But back OT this question has been asked a number of times. Just do a search.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread