Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,079 Members 50,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2 issues - anyone know a workaround

Tip us?

rkirmeier
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Default 2 issues - anyone know a workaround

Love this phone and not playing into the it has lag complaint. I do use Apex launcher so maybe that resolves most reported lag issues, not sure but I know my phone is just about flawless with 2 small software complaints I have.

First issue is that when it connects to my Ford Sync I get a message asking to allow Sync to access messages. The Ford Sync is a joke and I really hate having my message sync'd up. I wish I would just say no and never ask again but there is only a yes and never ask again. Can't seem to disable this from the Ford Sync. Anyone know how to disable this feature??

Other gripe is that there is no "unread" button when viewing an email. I have to get into a menu for that option which is a pain as I read a lot of messages when I'm out of the office but like to mark them as unread so I can address them when back in the office. This is just a bad software design on LGs part and realize there is nothing that can be done other than an alternate mail client but i hate to lose the other integrations so I'll live with it. Maybe LG will read this post and a light bulb will go off...

So other than these two things I absolutely love this phone. I came from a S4 and no comparison, so happy to be done with the stupid physical home button! Love the knock knock to turn on/off!

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier View Post
Love this phone and not playing into the it has lag complaint. I do use Apex launcher so maybe that resolves most reported lag issues, not sure but I know my phone is just about flawless with 2 small software complaints I have.

First issue is that when it connects to my Ford Sync I get a message asking to allow Sync to access messages. The Ford Sync is a joke and I really hate having my message sync'd up. I wish I would just say no and never ask again but there is only a yes and never ask again. Can't seem to disable this from the Ford Sync. Anyone know how to disable this feature??

Other gripe is that there is no "unread" button when viewing an email. I have to get into a menu for that option which is a pain as I read a lot of messages when I'm out of the office but like to mark them as unread so I can address them when back in the office. This is just a bad software design on LGs part and realize there is nothing that can be done other than an alternate mail client but i hate to lose the other integrations so I'll live with it. Maybe LG will read this post and a light bulb will go off...

So other than these two things I absolutely love this phone. I came from a S4 and no comparison, so happy to be done with the stupid physical home button! Love the knock knock to turn on/off!
As far as sync goes you have to use the settings in sync to stop it. I had a ford with sync and it was a headache. It would always do bizarre stuff even if you changed the settings. My KIA doesn't have this issue so it's a sync thing for storing the messages.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iPhone 3GS
iPad 1
iPhone 4
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue)
Kindle Fire
Samsung Note 3 (Black)
LG G-Pad 8.3 (White)
LG G3 F400S (Black)

Lg G3 D850 (Black)
LG G3 F460S (Gold)
Nexus 7 (2013) (Black)