How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

32gb or 16gb

OP cez10

3rd July 2014, 11:29 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

1,130 posts
More
I've just read a review here http://pclab.pl/art58419-7.html where they've tested the 2gb version and said it lags a lot, the CPU and GPU gets hot a lot, that it would be better if there was full HD than QHD, that the screen dims weirdly and that the screen gets this weird sharpening effect....

christ I dont know what to do :/ z2 is nice but it has a lot of issues, one's camera isnt good enough these days, g3 3gb is probably most future proof but the more I read about it the more doubts I get...
Last edited by cez10; 3rd July 2014 at 11:39 AM.
3rd July 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #12  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41

I think the extra on board storage is, now, very important as, in the up to date google builds, moving app data to sd is very restricted.

True, guess it depends on what you use your phone for. I don't do any gaming so the app data space isn't that large.

If the difference in price is ok then it makes sense to get the 32GB I suppose. Here in Singapore, only the 32GB version is available and only S$755 sim-free which is relatively cheap for a new flagship phone.

I'm still deciding whether to get this or the G2 which is only S$520 now!
20th August 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #13  
Flag Maastricht
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
More
I'm planning to buy the 32gb version. What I like to know is if the custom roms will be different or will they all be suitable for this version?
17th October 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #14  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
G3 the 16 or 32 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cez10

Hey guys

I am considering getting the G3 and theres about 50 difference between 32 and 16gb version, is the 3gb/32gb actually worth it? Seen some tests and the difference was hardly noticable...anybody has any experience with both versions and could compare?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have got both phones at the moment (Model D855) and I would strongly suggest you spend the the extra few bucks on tthe 32GB phone. Not as much for the ROM but for the RAM. Today I have installed the same apps on both phobes after rooting them and installing TWRP recovery and the difference is very obvious especially when having several apps open in the background. Although many phones could do perefctly with the amount of RAM the 16 GB model offers, I think there is a difference in this phonbes screen specs. This fabulous screen asks a lot of capacity which I think is the reason the 16 GB version gets very leggy. It's better if you reboot every now and then but I recon you'd get very anoyed at having to do that 3 times a day.

The price difference is big enough to go for the 16 GB version. You'll most prbably regret in a few months.
17th October 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #15  
Flag holland
Thanks Meter: 144

685 posts
More
I have the 2 GB version no problem
Screen is good no heating problems

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
17th October 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #16  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 157

718 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have the 16g d855 my phone now runs at 300mb free ram i bought it for 380 euro and the 32gb was for 500+ so the difference was big. So if you have that money go for 32 a test on youtube on benchmarking both versions shows that 32gb is 5-7% faster and the results proofs that.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread