Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 3rd Party File Manager and External Memory Card

Tip us?

walkerx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question [Q] 3rd Party File Manager and External Memory Card

I've tried a 16GB and 64GB Sandisk Memory card in the LG G3 and I can write to the cards using the built in manager, but unable to do so using a 3rd party file manager like ES File Explorer or HD File Manager. The apps work direct to the internal SD Card so would expect to be able to use to external card as well

anyone else having similar issues as don't want to have to transfer files over wifi using ES to internal card then over to external card using the built in app

silicij
Old
Thanks Meter 8
At the moment I am not aware of any third party file manipulation app, that can write to extSd 😞

Poslano z mojega LG-D855 z uporabo Tapatalk
-------------------
Device: Samsung Galaxy S -> running:
Gingerbread 2.3.4 @ GingerCriskeloV72 @ DarkCore 2.7.3 kernel LAGFIX ON @ TW4 Launcher

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerx View Post
I've tried a 16GB and 64GB Sandisk Memory card in the LG G3 and I can write to the cards using the built in manager, but unable to do so using a 3rd party file manager like ES File Explorer or HD File Manager. The apps work direct to the internal SD Card so would expect to be able to use to external card as well

anyone else having similar issues as don't want to have to transfer files over wifi using ES to internal card then over to external card using the built in app
it is an issue of kitkat try downloading an app called sdfix it did the job for me(root required)
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button

Indurus
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Either you root and USe SDFix, or use the Standard-Filemanager preinstalled on your phone or ES Filemanager from Playstore (I think it's the only 3rd party app that can write on external sd card under KitKat).
As it was mentioned before, it's an android "feature" and not a bug!

u1988
Old
Thanks Meter 24
HAS to be ROOTED!
http://technofaq.org/posts/2014/04/f...ndroid-kitkat/