[Q] 3rd Party File Manager and External Memory Card

4th July 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 8

257 posts
I've tried a 16GB and 64GB Sandisk Memory card in the LG G3 and I can write to the cards using the built in manager, but unable to do so using a 3rd party file manager like ES File Explorer or HD File Manager. The apps work direct to the internal SD Card so would expect to be able to use to external card as well

anyone else having similar issues as don't want to have to transfer files over wifi using ES to internal card then over to external card using the built in app
5th July 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 8

80 posts
At the moment I am not aware of any third party file manipulation app, that can write to extSd 😞

Poslano z mojega LG-D855 z uporabo Tapatalk
7th July 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 255

949 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerx

I've tried a 16GB and 64GB Sandisk Memory card in the LG G3 and I can write to the cards using the built in manager, but unable to do so using a 3rd party file manager like ES File Explorer or HD File Manager. The apps work direct to the internal SD Card so would expect to be able to use to external card as well

anyone else having similar issues as don't want to have to transfer files over wifi using ES to internal card then over to external card using the built in app

it is an issue of kitkat try downloading an app called sdfix it did the job for me(root required)
7th July 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

136 posts
Either you root and USe SDFix, or use the Standard-Filemanager preinstalled on your phone or ES Filemanager from Playstore (I think it's the only 3rd party app that can write on external sd card under KitKat).
As it was mentioned before, it's an android "feature" and not a bug!
17th August 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 30

218 posts
Info 2
HAS to be ROOTED!
http://technofaq.org/posts/2014/04/f...ndroid-kitkat/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread