Ask a question

No registration required

MMS and Adblockplus

OP bdbx18

22nd August 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

175 posts
This drove me nuts for a while. I can get MMS pics from Android devices just fine but none from Iphones. Even pictures from previously received texts does not display.
After much research, the culprit turns out to be ADP. The issue seems to have been reported from previous versions so it seems like the issue persists.

I have now resolved to turning ADP on and off. On only when those pesky ads gets to me which is often.

Has anyone else found a solution or other app as good as ADP?
22nd August 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 12

136 posts
More
Try adaway instead. I have no such problems

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
22nd August 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbx18

This drove me nuts for a while. I can get MMS pics from Android devices just fine but none from Iphones. Even pictures from previously received texts does not display.
After much research, the culprit turns out to be ADP. The issue seems to have been reported from previous versions so it seems like the issue persists.

I have now resolved to turning ADP on and off. On only when those pesky ads gets to me which is often.

Has anyone else found a solution or other app as good as ADP?

If you are rooted and with Xposed installed then Minminguard is a very good app. Can select individual apps to block ads (and it doesn't just block, it actually removes the placeholder for the ad too). The app won't get updated tbeyond the current version though as the project was cancelled: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...elled-t2597332
23rd August 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,017

4,956 posts
I think if you're using adblock you can change the mms port to 80:80 or something like that for a fix.

Sent from my LG-D851
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread