Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,424 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MMS and Adblockplus

Tip us?

bdbx18
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default MMS and Adblockplus

This drove me nuts for a while. I can get MMS pics from Android devices just fine but none from Iphones. Even pictures from previously received texts does not display.
After much research, the culprit turns out to be ADP. The issue seems to have been reported from previous versions so it seems like the issue persists.

I have now resolved to turning ADP on and off. On only when those pesky ads gets to me which is often.

Has anyone else found a solution or other app as good as ADP?

noisy_lightning
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Try adaway instead. I have no such problems

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

dex.
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbx18 View Post
This drove me nuts for a while. I can get MMS pics from Android devices just fine but none from Iphones. Even pictures from previously received texts does not display.
After much research, the culprit turns out to be ADP. The issue seems to have been reported from previous versions so it seems like the issue persists.

I have now resolved to turning ADP on and off. On only when those pesky ads gets to me which is often.

Has anyone else found a solution or other app as good as ADP?
If you are rooted and with Xposed installed then Minminguard is a very good app. Can select individual apps to block ads (and it doesn't just block, it actually removes the placeholder for the ad too). The app won't get updated tbeyond the current version though as the project was cancelled: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...elled-t2597332

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 999
I think if you're using adblock you can change the mms port to 80:80 or something like that for a fix.

Sent from my LG-D851
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77