No registration required

Can't access certain folders on storage using USB/Computer

OP bubu.

4th August 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

158 posts
Hey there,

Im using MTP to connect my G3 to my Computer using Win8.1. Some folders are simply not visible.
E.g.: I installed Navigon to my G3 and using the App "Solid Explorer" I can see the folder on the internal storage, but it just doesn't show up via MTP. Even after rebooting the G3 and my computer.

Bug? Or "Feature"?
Im a little bit confused and anxious that something is broken with my G3 because this never happened to me before using my Galaxy S3 via MTP for two years.

Thanks in advance
4th August 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 38

60 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu.

Hey there,

Im using MTP to connect my G3 to my Computer using Win8.1. Some folders are simply not visible.
E.g.: I installed Navigon to my G3 and using the App "Solid Explorer" I can see the folder on the internal storage, but it just doesn't show up via MTP. Even after rebooting the G3 and my computer.

Bug? Or "Feature"?
Im a little bit confused and anxious that something is broken with my G3 because this never happened to me before using my Galaxy S3 via MTP for two years.

Thanks in advance

A large number of folders will not be visible via mtp. This is to stop you messing things up and ruining your phone, and partly because not all areas of the android phone can be read by windows as it is not an os based on a windows file systen.

If you want to view all areas of your phone on your phone itself, use root explorer.

If you want to view all areas of your phone via computer, download a program called android commander (google it)

Both methods will require root, android commander will also require usb debugging to be running and the correct drivers to be installed on your pc.
The Following User Says Thank You to B4rnzEE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

158 posts
Oky thanks for your reply. I understand those reasons as security-measurements. I just didn't know them yet from my old Galaxy S3 (running only Android 4.2). So probably they were "invented" in newer versions like Android 4.3 or 4.4 as security restrictions.

So when I understand correctly: Everything is fine with my phone as this is usual behaviour!? Then Im glad to hear this Thanks for posting.
4th August 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 38

60 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu.

Oky thanks for your reply. I understand those reasons as security-measurements. I just didn't know them yet from my old Galaxy S3 (running only Android 4.2). So probably they were "invented" in newer versions like Android 4.3 or 4.4 as security restrictions.

So when I understand correctly: Everything is fine with my phone as this is usual behaviour!? Then Im glad to hear this Thanks for posting.

I wouldnt worry man
The Following User Says Thank You to B4rnzEE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread