LG G3- Warranty Void After Dropping Phone

Search This thread

alexva0

Sep 1, 2015
Some advice please

So a while back my G3 suddenly wasn't able to find any coverage most places I went. Nothing else was wrong with it, it was just that there was no mobile coverage 80% of the time. The problem occurred one day as it was just in my pocket, nothing was wrong with it beforehand.

So, of course, I took it to the warranty service to get it repaired. Now, the phone's been dropped a bunch of times and it has some tiny scratches on the display and one on the back. It's definitely possible that the my problem occurred due to dropping it but, as I said, when it broke, it hadn't been dropped in some time.

In a few days, I get a phone call in which they tell me that the phone has been repetitively dropped, as can be seen by the scratches, and the motherboard and some module(don't know what exactly they were referring to) must be replaced. Now, obviously, the warranty doesn't cover mechanical damage so it's a paid service. The amount they asked for was around 430 dollars. Now, I'm obviously not going to pay a 430 dollars as I can just get a new phone for that money but I just came here to ask, if I take it to another service, would it be possible to be fixed and, theoretically, for what price?

Thank you in advance!